At the end of 2005, I cleaned through all my stash and tried to get organized (like so many others). I pulled all of my WIPs out and put them in a bag. I am determined to get as many of these projects finished as possible!
This Hardanger piece was one of my WIPs. I started sometime in early 2005. The klosterblocks and the blanket stitches were completed. I hadn't done any of the pulled work or the open work, nor had I completed the satin stitch in the center. Part of the reason for my delay was because I had used DMC 739 #8 pearl cotton for my klosterblocks and blanket stitches and I couldn't find that same color in #12 to do the pulled work and open work. (I didn't realize that they don't offer #12 for all colors!) When I finally picked this up again, two weeks ago, I decided to use a #12 thread that I had in my stash - it's a pearl cotton that is made in Spain - Finca/Presencia. It's almost an exact match and I'm happy with the results.
By the way, this doily is approximately 10 inches square. I worked it on 25 ct cream Dublin. The pattern is from Satin Stiches/Donna M. Olson and it is called Wild Rose.
Today I will most likely put some time in on the DT Game Board Sampler. I seem to be establishing a pattern where I work on that project on Sundays! The next lesson is in for the Apricot Elegance SAL - more than likely I will complete that during the week. And then there's Miss Mary Mack - I have to work on that one when the spirit moves me!
Off to grocery shopping. Not my favorite task, so I may as well just get it over with!