Monday, May 29, 2006

Catching up!

So sorry, I know it has been a long time since my last posting. Fortunately, I've been stitching, just haven't had much time for blogging!

It's Memorial Day here in the U.S. We went to the lake for the weekend but cut our trip short and came home quite early today - it was just too hot! It's been in the high 90's here and too hot to really enjoy sitting at the cabin. We came home this afternoon and flipped our A/C on. We're all just kind of "vegging out".

Some of the stitching I have been working on is for exchanges, so no pictures, but here are two projects I can show you.

First, my weekly DT Game Board Sampler which I'm stitching with Nicole, Pam, Lelia, Myrna, and Bine. (Hope I didn't miss anyone!) This shows the progress I've made over the past two weeks (four squares!)



The second photo is of a La D Da piece that I started at the lake this weekend. It's called My Sunshine...

12 comments:

Nicole said...

Your making good progress! I haven't worked on mine at all this week - I need to get going! :)

Joanie said...

Nice WIPs!!! I love Sampler Gameboard. It's such a lovely piece. And tha La-d-Da piece is pretty neat too!

Lelia said...

Your Game Board looks wonderful! I like the houses & the other motifs going all the same direction. Good going on the 4 squares. The La-d-da, My Sunshine looks cute (so far)

Today, I've been working on the LAST border of The Sanctuary -- want to get it in for a frame asap.

No kidding - really heated up. It is supposed to be in the 70s in a few days ...

Kitty Couture said...

You've been doing some lovely stitching over your long weekend, Cathy! Your Game Board looks great! Love those little motifs :)

Have a good week, Cathy! :)

Von said...

Cathy, you're making good progress on GB. :) Can't wait to see how the Sunshine piece comes out. I used to sing that song lots to my little ones, who aren't so little anymore.

Katrina said...

Hi Cathy, I wish I could say it was hot here at the moment too, but oh no, its the official start of our winter tomorrow :)

I'd love to join your Sampler Game Board SAL too when my pattern arrives and I get the supplies together :) enjoy the rest of your week.

mainely stitching said...

Your La D Da is on my 'gotta get it' list. Can't wait to see more pictures!

Anonymous said...

You're making great progress on your gameboard Cathy, especially considering you've started it again.

Looking forward to seeing how the La-D-Da piece turns out - nice start so far.

AuntSuze said...

Love your WIP's!!
Just flipped on the A/C here also, cant wait for winter again, lol.
Happy Stitching!!
Susan

Anonymous said...

Great work! It's looking good. :)

Lisa said...

Oh I am so behind on blog reading. I got up early today and am getting all caught up. :) I love both the pieces. The little houses are so sweet!

It's become really hot here as well. It seemed that it would never become spring and then Bam! it was summer. lol

Sasha Farina said...

nice progress there sweetie :)