Sunday, September 24, 2006

No Pictures.....Yet....

Hi everyone. Hope you are enjoying a fabulous weekend. It's been raining here the past few days, but this morning the sun is shining! Hopefully it will be a beautiful fall day!

Not too much to share - I've been busy stitching and finishing exchange gifts for October. In fact, I was on a finishing frenzy yesterday - finished four, count 'em, FOUR exchange gifts all due to be mailed in October.

  • Halloween Exchange on the SBEBB
  • Needlework Smalls on the SBEBB
  • Autumn Exchange on the USEBB
  • Fall Quaker on the SBEBB

    I had one little mishap with my Autumn Exchange - it was supposed to be a needleroll but when I went to finish it I realized that I had stitched it the wrong way on the fabric! Stupid me! We need to reinvent the phrase "measure twice, cut once" to something like "study pattern twice, stitch once". All was not lost - I just had to use a different finishing technique. Talk about turning a lemon into lemonade.

    My personal favorite is the Fall Quaker on the SBEBB - the theme was "pink" to mark Breast Cancer Awareness in October. I tried a new finishing technique and it turned out fabulous! The finish incorporates some "breast cancer awareness" fabric with the little pink ribbons - it is sooooooo cute. I may have to make another one for myself.

    Wish I could share pictures, but you will have to wait. Many of these do not get mailed until October 15th. I have a couple more exchanges to work on during the next few weeks and I'm also working on ornaments for Christmas gifts
    - those I can share pictures of as I get them finished.

    Thanks for stopping by - especially all my new blog readers. Have a great day!
  • 12 comments:

    mainely stitching said...

    I'm also participating in the SBEBB exchange with the breast cancer/Quaker theme and am pretty excited about mine, too. Can't wait to see all the pictures on these!!

    Have a wonderful Sunday, and a great week! :)

    Lelia said...

    Hello GF ... cannot wait to see your exchange photos.

    I wish I knew how to photograph beaded projects -- all my stuff looks drab. I will have to experiment :D

    We have had so much rain. Nice ot see some sun this afternoon.

    Kitty Couture said...

    I know what you mean, Cathy - getting involved in exchange makes us look like we're not stitching! Can't wait to see your pieces :)

    Susimac said...

    Really looking forard to seeing your exchange pieces, I too have busy stitching SBEBB Exchange pieces, soon I can think about Christmas gifts.

    Rachel V said...

    Hi Cathy, you have been a busy finisher! I can't wait to see your work. I'm sure it will be creative and beautiful as always.

    I sent Becky an email this past week to see about applying for the SBEBB exhanges. We'll see!

    Anne S said...

    Woohoo, you've been one busy girl!! Can't wait until we're allowed to see the unveiled goodies :D

    Anonymous said...

    Hi ! I would love to see the pictures and hear some more about that great new finishing technique !! pleaaazze !!
    thanks
    hugs
    argone
    http://argone.over-blog.com

    Sharon said...

    Your so bad for teasing us-LOL can't wait to see pics.

    Von said...

    So much to look forward to from all you ladies participating in these exchanges! Yours will be perfection. :D

    Myrna said...

    What a tease! I know I have the same thing... pictures on my desktop that I cannot yet share...

    What fun these exchanges are -- (and addicting!)

    Hope you are having a great week...

    Hugs...

    CindyMae said...

    I can not wait to see the exchange pics!!!!

    Chelle said...

    I can't wait to see all of these exchanges! I opted out of the SBE a while back and I sure do miss it. On the other hand, I'm busily stitching other things. Oh well, I'll live vicariously through you and enjoy exchanges that way! :o)