Wednesday, November 28, 2007

An Exchange and Wonderful Stitching Friends!

Today my mailbox runneth over! It's been a busy week at work so far, so I was happy to come home to lots of mail today.

Let's start with the exchange first - I participated in the USEBB Eye of the Needle exchange. This exchange was dedicated to our love of stitching. Nancy had my name and stitched this beautiful pinkeep for me. The design is from Mary Garry. The fabric is perfect for this exchange! She also sent me this cute little ort bag - the outside fabric has frogs in the design. Hopefully I won't be doing too much frogging! There were a few other goodies enclosed - a fat quarter of fabric, some ribbon and some stickers. A wonderful exchange - thank you Nancy!




Now, let's talk about my stitching friends Barbara and Carol! We'll start with Carol - she sent me this lovely pin pillow for my birthday. The design is from Plum Pudding Needlearts and it is called Blessed Be. Beautifully stitched and finished by Carol!

And Barbara has been a dear friend since I first discovered this online stitching world. She sent gifts for my birthday and Christmas. This little ornament is called The Gift and is a design from The Needle's Prayse. The pillow is a design called Reindeer Garden from Threads Through Time.

Wonderful gifts from wonderful friends!

I'm hoping that my Little House Needlework exchange will arrive soon at its destination. It had a ways to travel.

I forgot to share that I spent last Friday night out stitching with a nice grup of ladies - they get together every Friday night and invited me to join them. We talked and stitched and stitched and talked. Midway through the evening we took a short break for supper and then we stitched and talked some more! It was a fun time. If you have a chance, please visit Joan's blog. She just joined the blogging community recently, but has been stitching for a long time. This little group met at her house on Friday night.

Well, that's it for now. Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

Carol said...

Gorgeous exchange. Gosh, I hope mine arrives soon. Nobody has posted lately that they sent one out, so I am feeling a bit doubtful. Mary Garry sure was popular in this exchange! So far, we all used her - LOL! Gorgeous gifts for a gorgeous friend! Happy Birthday to you!!!! {{{HUGS}}}

Anonymous said...

Happy, happy birthday! You received some amazing gifts. Wow, that Mary Garry pinkeep is just so beautiful!! And Carol and Barbara really outdid themselves. Lucky girl you!! Enjoy! Have a great day... it's tomorrow, isn't it?

mainely stitching said...

Beautiful stitching that you've received - I just love that Mary Garry desgin, and the fabric she used for the backing is perfect! I'm glad my little gifties arrived in time for your Big Day. I hope tomorrow is full of love and happiness for you!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Such a lovely exchage! I bet you were just tickled to your toes with this one! Gorgeous!
And that Carol and Barbara really outdid themselves didn't they?! All is lovely Cathy and I'm sure your over the moon with it all! There isn't a more deserving person out there for a little spoiling :)

Katrina said...

Happy birthday! Everything is so pretty. Everyone did such a great job. Love the pinkeep, the fabric goes so well.

CJ in OK ;-) said...

So many wonderful things you must be thrilled. I especially love that little Mary Gary design, but all the little pillows are cute too. Enjoy. P.S. Loved Joan's blog too.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow lovely gifts to receive!

Von said...

Oh Cathy, what a wonderful collection of gifts!! You are one lucky girl. :D

Mindi said...

Gorgeous exchanges and gifts. The Mar Garry pinkeep is stunning.

Erica said...

What lovely gifts you've received. You are lucky to have such generous friends!

Cheryl said...

Such beautiful gifts you have received!

Sharon said...

All are gorgeous, I love that Mary Garry pinkeep-just a really neat pattern. Enjoy and Happy belated Birthday!