Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Summer Exchange from Gaby

Yesterday I was able to share with you the summer exchange I sent to Gaby. Today I can show you the summer exchange that Gaby sent to me!

I received a wonderful package from her. The two of us apparently were on the same wavelength because look how she finished her exchange - a wallhanging, with a cute wire hanger that has three hearts in it. Now look at yesterday's post to see how I finished my exchange for her (a wallhanging with a wire hanger in the shape of heart!) What a coincidence!

Gaby's design is from a German designer by the name of Ulrike Blotzheim and it's called "Sommerkinder" (or Summer Children). Gaby sent the pattern to me so that I can stitch the other little girl that is part of this design. Isn't she cute? Gaby did a great job with her finishing too!

In addition to the stitched item, Gaby also sent this wonderful bag which she knit and then felted in her washing machine. I love it! The colors are so pretty! I look forward to using this bag! Finally, Gaby also sent a piece of fabby and some beutiful rose colored floss (not pictured). Thanks for everything Gaby.
Our last seasonal exchange will happen in October. It's been fun getting to stitch for and exchange with these four different German friends!

As promised, here's an update on BOAF Friendship Sampler - see, I'm making progress! (I took the picture outside; it looks a little washed out!)

And, last week I was working on LHN's Traveling Stitcher - I can stitch on this one without a magnifier or light, so it's easier to travel with! (We'll take a better picture of this one next time too!)

That's it for tonight. Thanks again for stopping by!

17 comments:

Melissa said...

Woo-hooo, Cathy, nice to see you pick up the Friendship Sampler again. You have made loads of progress. Those darn flowers do take awhile, don't they?!!!

Lovely gifts from Gaby. I especially love that felted bag. Wish I could do that!

Kim B said...

Gorgeous! You both finished your exchanges brilliantly! I love the similarities.

Theresa said...

Wow!! Such wonderful exchange!!!! Love the cute design of the wallhanging, and the bag is just fabuous~~

Cole said...

What a great exchange!! I love her patchwork skirt :)

Faye said...

Nice exchange Cathy!! Love the felted purse! And that LHN was fun for me to make and put together..see my blog if you need just one more idea on how to finish it...I am sure you will figure out something, even better!!Faye

Ronel said...

This is lovely. What a nice exchange from Gaby.

Kathy A. said...

What a lovely gift. What a coincidence that you picked the same way to make them up. I love the pattern in this one. Very different.
BOAF is coming along nicely.

WendyJo said...

Love the exchange from Gaby! The purse is so cute!!

I also love your exchange for Gaby as well.

I love seeing the sampler again as well...its looking really nice.

Margaret said...

I love that exchange piece from Gaby -- so cute! And the bag is just wonderful! I have a friend who gave me a knitted felted bag too. It's so fun! Love your Friendship Sampler, of course. Your Traveling Stitcher is looking great too!

Jeanie said...

Ooohhh love the exchange from Gaby !
Both yours and Gaby's finishing is fantastic !

Little Penpen said...

What a great exchange... love the little girl X stitch! Your sampler is very pretty!

Karoline said...

Great progress on Friendship sampler, the exchange from Gabi is gorgeous

Lelia said...

Nice progress on your friendship sampler & LHN piece --- and wonderful pkg from Gaby

On my way to visit the new blogger

Sonda said...

That sampler is looking lovely. Gaby's gifts are beautiful, too.

Olga said...

Cathy,
Your Friendship Sampler and Traveling Stitcher are coming along so nicely!
Pretty exchange from Gaby!Enjoy!

Marie said...

What a wonderful exchange from Gabi. I love that hanger as well. Ohhh, how lucky...a felted bag!

My oh my...I see another must have design ~ Friendship Sampler! Ambitious or Absurd? LOL

Einschies blog said...

Well I am back from vacation just coming in to say thanks again,-)))
I have to blog a lot during the next week, hope to find enough time with the kids both at home...yes we still have summer holidays;-))