Saturday, April 07, 2012

Another Week Gone By...

...and more stitching to share. I've made great progress on "I Sigh Not for Beauty." This is such a fun stitch. Of course, the Belle Soie silks and the Lakeside Linen are wonderful to work with - they make such a difference!



I skipped the over one section for now. I also have some additional stitching to do on the inside border and just under where the over one goes - I'm saving these parts for when I don't need to pay such close attention to what I'm doing! :)

Last weekend I was itching to stitch something new. I had been cleaning through my stash and came across this piece which I probably purchased six or seven years ago. Do you recognize it?



It's Hillside Samplings "Hillside School of Handworke" - I have the handpainted Liberty Hill box to match.

While we're on the subject of samplers, have you seen the new release from Heartstring Samplery? It's called "Never Let You Go." Go to Beth's blog to see a photo and get more details on the design. Please walk, don't run...don't want you getting hurt now!

Hope you are having a delightful Saturday afternoon. It's cool and rainy here; can't complain though, we desperately need the rain! Wishing you all a Happy Easter!

13 comments:

Margaret said...

Oh, I love both your WIPs! I recognized the Hillside Samplings piece right away. It's in my stash as well! lol! And yes, I love Beth's new design. It's just lovely! I had to order it asap. :D

Shirlee said...

Everything looks wonderful Cathy! Beth who? I'd like to visit her blog but can't find it : ) I hope that you & your family have a wonderful Easter!

Yvonne..... said...

I love Beth's new sampler! I really need to get this one for my collection! LOL

Yvonne..... said...

I love Beth's new sampler! I think I need this one for my collection! LOL

Laurie in Iowa said...

Your WIPs look great. I stitched the Hillside Samplings sampler when it was first released. It's been hanging on my wall since... just love the colors.

robindefender said...

Beauty is looking beautiful!

Lynn said...

Ooh, I'm looking forward to seeing more on the HS piece!
I just finished ordering the Heartstring Samplery chart. I fell in love with it the minute I set eyes on it!

Krista said...

Both of your samplers are looking beautiful! Love the border on Beauty. Thank you for the link on the new Heartstring, it is going on my 'have to have' list :)
Happy Easter!

Chris said...

Beautiful projects, you are makiing great progress. I need to finish that second one too.

Debby said...

Lovely stitching on both!!

Greetings from Debby

Teresa S. said...

Oh I have that Hillside Sampler in my stash! Looking forward to seeing it in progress!

Giovanna said...

Nice going on both WIPs! I hope you had a good Easter.

Karoline said...

They are both looking lovely, great progress