Saturday, July 19, 2014

A Lady's Worke Box

My mother commented this morning that I haven't updated my blog for awhile. Decided I better get busy and post something!

I'm excited to share these photos with you. I took the Lady's Worke Box class with Ellen Chester back in 2012. I was pretty diligent about finishing the stitching and soon after, I finished the smalls. Despite the excellent instructions provided by Ellen, I just couldn't bring myself to finish the box. I asked Tricia, the finisher from Crosse Stitchery in LaCrosse, WI if she would finish it and voila! It's all finished now!

The front of the box:


The inside of the box (finished in silk; note the pockets):


The top of the box could be reversed if you wanted the stitching on the outside:


The entire set:


Love it! Thanks Tricia for sharing your awesome finishing talents with me!

This morning I picked green beans from the garden. There are more out there waiting to be picked! I love fresh green beans!


Here's what I'm working on these days. It's A Stitcher's Pocket from Catherine Theron.


Enjoy your weekend!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

16 comments:

Stasi said...

Beautiful work Cathy! My husband would love those fresh green beans- we can't have a garden as we don't have the sun for any length of time due to a wooded lot. We only manage tomatoes on our deck! ;)

KimM said...

Glorious, glorious!!
xxx

krayolakris said...

Another amazing set!! Congrats, it's beautiful!

Vickie said...

Wow! Great box. I just went to Crosse Stitchery on Wednesday. :)
That is a lovely piece you are working on.
Love fresh green beans! My poodle does too!

marly said...

Wonderful. The Stitcher's Pocket will be another fabulous piece.

llknbillburg said...

Beautiful box! And it was very smart of you to have someone else finish it. There is no point in having beautiful stitching just lying in a drawer!! Your new WIP is lovely too. Our sampler guild is going to have her come and teach that one next year. Laura

Blu said...

An amazing finish!

Ann said...

Beautiful stitching and beautiful finishing! You're inspiring me to pull both projects out of the stash to work on!

Mrs. DillyDally said...

I always marvel at your workmanship! Tell your Mom I thank her for nudge to have you post! ;-) Fresh green beans from you own garden ... yum!

Bekca said...

The box is beautiful Cathy, I can see why you're so pleased with it. There's nothing better than fresh vegetables from the garden, enjoy!

Marilyn said...

What a gorgeous Worke Box!
Great job.
Marilyn

Karyn said...

Gorgeous Cathy…love it all!
Have a great weekend!
Hugs
Ma

Karen said...

Very nice treasure you have there. Happy stitching....

woolwoman said...

Gorgeous finish !!!!!! my is sitting untouched since our class shortly after your class. Just not enough time to get it all done but you have inspired me. Enjoy those beans !! Melody

Andrea said...

A gorgeous box and accessories.

Marie said...

Wow, that box is GORGEOUS! The finishing is beautiful.

I am going to be in WI next summer, in the Milwaukee area. I need see how far Crosse Stitchery in LaCrosse, WI is from there.

Your stitcher's pocket looks so pretty. I look forward to seeing it finished.