I always think that I can accomplish far more than I actually have time for. I had a project to work on for my friend Judy. I'm not a big fan of sewing with invisible thread, but it all worked out. Her project will be mailed to her this week.
Then I decided to finish this piece that I stitched last fall. You'll recognize the design - it's Needleworker from Little House Needleworks. I changed the color of the berries but otherwise it's stitched with the called for threads on 35ct Straw. Now the finish is not my idea...I saw this finish on Stasi's blog (Bee-Mused and Bee-Stitching) and fell in love with the idea. Stasi got the idea from Syd (Syd's Stitching Room). See how much influence we have on each other?
Here it is, my Boardwalk Stitching Basket:
I have it attached to the top using magnets, one on each end. I'm debating whether I will keep it that way. I think I may tack it down to the top of the liner instead. We'll try it this way for awhile and then I will decide.
Then, I had a small framing project to work on. Now, I am not a big fan of framing, I usually will have someone else do it, but this was a small project and I figured I could manage it.
The design you will recognize - I can't remember the name - but it was one of the 2013 club pieces from Blackbird Designs through Dyeing to Stitch. They sent along fabric to make it into a pillow, but I found this frame at my LNS and decided it was just perfect for this design!
That's it. There are quite a few more projects in the finishing basket waiting to be finished but they will have to wait for another time. Now I need to get back to my pre-stitching...on to panel #4!