Monday, May 30, 2016

Happy Memorial Day!

Hope you are enjoying the holiday weekend. Since I didn't have to go to work today, I stayed up late last night stitching. I'm kind of on a roll with this project and I'd like to get it finished. It's Betsy Morgan's Edinburgh Reticule.

I hope that I will be able to finish it today.

It's a beautiful day here today and since there's little chance of having frost anymore, we planted our vegetable garden. We have a very short growing season in the north. We kept it simple this year: tomatoes, beans, zucchini, and acorn squash.

I also tidied up the flower beds. Here are some of our spring flowers. We have three patches of columbine under our deck.

I also have a Jack in the Pulpit plant that comes up every year.

I don't know what this plant is called but it has the cutest little purple flowers on it.

Our neighbors purple iris' are in bloom too. The patch needs to be weeded badly...

Time for some lunch and maybe a little stitching. Remembering those who have served in the Armed Forces today. Thank you for your service.

 

2 comments:

Khristine Doiron said...

Beautiful stitching! And your flowers are so pretty!

Sandra said...

It looks to me like your flowers might be Geraniums or Cranesbills. Very useful garden plants in blues, pinks, lilacs and even white and can be split up easily to make lots more plants.