Monday, May 29, 2017

Time for an Update

Sometimes I just don't feel like blogging. Most of the time I'd rather be stitching. The Mad Tatter was kind of irritated this weekend; she said her favorite bloggers weren't blogging lately. I think that was a subtle message for me to post an update. What do you think?

If you watch Flosstube then I'm sure you know that everyone has a dough bowl. I was recently gifted a dough bowl. I'm working on projects to fill my dough bowl. Here's one that just needs to be finished:





This delightful stitch was designed by Heartstring Samplery.

I thought it might look nice with this design from Blackbird Designs called Darling Buds of May. Sadly, it also needs to be finished!





Since I spent most of Saturday and Sunday working in the yard planting vegetables and flowers, I designated today as a finishing today. I did get a few things finished, but it always takes longer than you think it's going to take.

First project finished is this sweet little strawberry biscornu from Catherine Theron. I had finished the Hornbook scissor fob last year. I still have to finish the matching needlebook.



Then I worked on finishing the smalls for a class piece from Betsy Morgan called Gathering for Winter. The pincushion was finished in class. Today I finished the scissors sheath and fob. Here are photos of the front and back:







I finished off my day with a little more stitching. I recently purchased the pattern for the Blue Sampler Band from iStitch Designs. The designer releases a section of the chart each week. I was quite behind. I'm now caught up through Week 4. Two more weeks to catch up and then I'll be ready for Week 7 which will be released on Friday!



I hope to have more finishes to share with you later in the week! Thanks for stopping by.

7 comments:

Marilyn said...

All great finishes.
Marilyn

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Yes, most things seem to take much longer to complete than I always think they will. There are many bloggers which I miss. My garden seems to be especially weedy. There is never enough time

Ann said...

Everything looks great! And you're inspiring me to get some things out of the finishing basket.

Stasi said...

You certainly have had a productive weekend!!! All the projects look wonderful!!!

deb said...

Beautiful finishes! It's always nice to finish-finish something, isn't it?

Your red Blue Sampler Band is looking lovely.

Khristine Doiron said...

Beautiful finishes! How I would love to have all the little treasures you do :)

Halland House Gifts said...

Finishing is a weak point for me. I'm always excited and impressed when others show what they have finished, and I love what you shared this week, just beautiful.