Sunday, June 04, 2017

A Tale of Three Stitchers

I have had quite a fun week of finishing. At the beginning of the week I thought I would be able to completely empty the finishing pile. That was an unrealistic goal! There are still quite a number of projects there that require finishing, but with that said, I accomplished quite a lot this past week.

You might remember the strawberry biscornu (the matching scissor fob Hornbook was finished months ago).







Then came the Gathering for Winter Etui....







And the spools....







I also finished another small Hornbook fob from Catherine Theron. This one is called the Wee Floral Hornbook fob.












And now, about the title of this post....

Several weeks ago I made an eBay purchase. I purchased a partially stitched project which included the Longaberger basket for a design from Hillside Samplings called Work of Thy Hands. The package arrived and the basket was in perfect condition. The fabric liner and the plastic liners were included.

More importantly, the stitching was meticulously done. The project was about two thirds complete. The original stitcher had done a beautiful job.

Enter stitcher #2...my good friend Chris loves to stitch. She does not have to have the finished project, she just loves to do it. She finished the stitching for me. She said it didn't take very long. She also did a beautiful job.

Enter stitcher #3...that's me. This weekend, I lovingly finished the basket band and all of the smalls. It turned out beautifully!


























I'm looking forward to spending more time with my finishing basket very soon!

6 comments:

Halland House Gifts said...

What a wonderful story. Your finishes are beautiful. 🙂

Marilyn said...

All great finishes,and the basket is so pretty.
Wish she still designed.
Marilyn

Stasi said...

Great collaborative effort on the basket--just beautiful!!! You definitely had a very productive week and I've enjoyed seeing the fruits of your labor!

Mary said...

Cathy,I'm so glad I found your blog. I just spent my morning coffee break reading your blog...oh my goodness, my wish list just got so much longer. So many stitches that I never saw before that I have to have!! Your finishing is outstanding!!

I love your Longaberger basket, what a talented friend you have in Chris to finish the hardanger work for you. The finish is stunning and I adore the quote on the basket, I'm going to use that for a future project. Truly the work of thy hands comes from the heart.

The spools are adorable, I love the rabbit.

Do you not have the email follow list when you put up a new post?

My friend RJ and I started a new blog in April and we would love for you to come and visit. You can find us at stitchingfriendsforever2.blogspot.com I'm going to put your blog on our blog roll. So much inspiration!!! Have a great week, Mary

Khristine Doiron said...

Beautiful finishing! I love that you rescued that project and finished it! It is gorgeous and has a wonderful story to go along with it :)

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Wow! This was a win win win--great basket, friend to the rescue and a beautiful finish---what more could a girl ask