Sunday, July 16, 2017

Scarlet's Summer

What a wonderful weekend of cleaning and catching up on various projects! It feels good to get things done and be organized (or semi-organized) again.

I have a finish to share with you. My Scarlet's Summer Sampler from Chessie and Me is done! I love how it turned out




I also brought out an oldie but goodie. This piece brings back fond memories of being at the lake with my Auntie Florence. I spent many weekends working on this while at her cabin. It's called You Are My Sunshine and it was designed by La D Da.




That buds on my balloon flower plant exploded this past week. There are many more buds that have yet to open. Isn't it beautiful?







And the hydrangea plant is looking good too!




When I visited the Mad Tatter last week, she gave me this doily. I forgot to share it with you. I love it. (It's done with a Mocha colored thread, but it looks yellowish in the photo, probably due to the green table).




Hope the week ahead treats you right!

15 comments:

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Being caught up is a wonderful feeling. Your Chessie piece is beautiful

Robin in Virginia said...

The doily is stunning. Scarlet's Summer looks fabulous as well as the La D Da piece.

Marilyn said...

Great finish!
The flowers are so pretty now.
Marilyn

LaNelle said...

Beautiful stitches! Flowers are so pretty as is the doily so dainty what a treasure....

Stasi said...

Love the Chessie 'n Me piece! My granddaughter just sang that song while strumming my hubby's guitar...nice to know the next generation is still singing it!

Mary said...

My Scarletts summer sampler is beautiful and the way it's finished on the board and in the holder is perfect. Where did you find the board it's sitting on?

The Tatting is amazing and what a gorgeous piece you received, such a lovely gift of time and talent. Mary andRJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Khristine Doiron said...

Beautiful finishing! Your flowers are beautiful! And that doily is perfect! I need to get back to my tatting so hopefully I can be half that good :)

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

That is such a fantastic way to finish your piece. I have learned so many new creative ways to finish projects thanks to my fellow bloggers. Have a great day! --Andrea

RJ said...

Lovely stitches. I enjoyed seeing both of them...such pretty colors and designs. RJ @stitching friends forever

deb said...

Your C&M sampler looks fantastic - congratulations on a great finish!

pj said...

Cathy,
Beautiful doily! Cherish those gifts made with ❤️.

Your balloon flowers are gorgeous. Love your latest finish too. I have such a list in my to do pile. Wish I lived by a shop so I would have fibers and fabric at my disposal to touch and choose. I hate always "needing" something when it seems I have tons of stash!



Laura said...

I love how you finished the Summer Sampler. So cute!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I just learned about your blog through an email from your mom. I'll be following now so that I can see what you're up to!

Diane
lacelovinlibrarian.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

The flowers are so pretty now.


ตารางบอล

Halland House Gifts said...

I love how your sampler turned out too. I used to have balloon flowers down at our mailbox. My favorite stage is just before they boom. They would look stunning next to some hydrangea if we didn't have a deer problem. Sigh, I guess I'll just enjoy yours--beautiful.