Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Weekend Adventure

Guess where I spent the weekend? It started on Thursday. I escaped the bitter cold temperatures of Minnesota for something warmer in Arizona. Yes, I spent the weekend at the Attic!


After checking in my hotel, I ubered to the Attic where I spent five hours ogling their beautiful shop models, fingered through luscious linens, visited with friends old and new, and stitched a little bit.



One of my purchases was the pattern for Bristol Sampler Emma Sandford from Dutch Street Designs. Optimistically, I purchased some 56 count linen and some beautiful silk fibers. In the picture below, the original Emma Sandford is on the right. The reproduction on the left was stitched by Jean Lea.



I’ll let the rest of the pictures do the talking!











8 comments:

marly said...

Wow. Speechless.

Sandra said...

I love that rounded glass cabinet, just what I need for my smalls. It looks to be full of Scarlett House designs, I wonder if it belongs to Tanya.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Wow! That looks like a wonderful place to visit... and shop!

Robin in Virginia said...

It looks like you had an incredible weekend!

Laurie in Az said...

Hi Cathy! I bought Emma Sandford this weekend too but didn’t get the silk for it. I have the straw linen and wondered what color of Tudor silk you chose. It’s so pretty! Thanks and it was nice chatting with you!

Khristine Doiron said...

Wow! Such a beautiful shop! Can't wait for you to start on the 56ct!

Barb said...

I hope you had a wonderful time! What an amazing shop!

Lelia said...

W O W .... looks like a needlework museum. What fun