Monday, May 25, 2020

True Confessions

Hope you are having a nice Memorial Day weekend. The weekend has gone by fast! Hopefully the upcoming shorter work week will also go by fast - right?

I’ve been busy stitching over the past several weeks; working on what I would call “comfort stitching”. One of my projects kind of went awry though.

I purchased this kit at Keepsakes during Stitch Con last summer. It is a Heart in Hand design that was created specifically for Keepsakes. The linen was from Picture this Plus, 32 ct Sand and the fibers were from Colour and Cotton. I was having a delightful time stitching it until I got to the red and white checkerboard on the chicken. It was at that moment that I realized I had made a counting error. Reverse stitching the black thread for that chicken was not an option. I added another row of red and white on the left side of the chicken (look close and you will see it). I ended up putting it in timeout. After two or three weeks, I decided I couldn’t live with it and started it again. This time on 40ct Vintage Country Mocha. It’s finished now and I’m happy with it.



Yesterday, I switched out my stitching that’s displayed in our living room. Brought out the patriotic stitches. Didn’t think I would have much to display, but I had more than I thought!


I also took time to finish a couple of smalls; nothing fancy, just a simple pillow finish. I think my collection of patriotic smalls looks great. It makes me smile.



That’s it for today. Be well. Stay safe.

9 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

The Keepsake Friends piece is adorable. Enjoyed seeing your patriotic stitches on display, Cathy! Love the smalls in your basket including your newest finishes. Have a good week!

moosecraft said...

So glad you redid that piece.....it's too cute to not be finished and displayed!

Marilyn said...

Cute finishes!
Marilyn

Khristine Doiron said...

What a sweet pattern. Too bad it gave you so much trouble but I have to say I think I like it on 40ct even better :)

butterfly said...

Love Keepsakes .
You have so many beautiful smalls , great to see them .

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I love your smalls! You've got me thinking of how to stitch motifs I've been wanting to do for years!

woolwoman said...

your patriotic vignette looks awesome ! love that flag pin pillow, don't believe I ever saw that one. I need to spend some time getting all my patriotic paraphernalia out for the summer. Heck I still have a few ceramic Christmas trees sitting around to put away. Just been in a funk I guess. June here we come ! Mel

Christine said...

I love all of your finishes in the last few posts. I now want a wire basket to hold small pillows. And your sampler gallery wall is looking grand! Yes, oh poo that you will have to stitch another to fill in a spot, lol. Enjoy your comfort stitching. There's no better therapy at the moment!

Robin said...

Sorry about the miscount. So frustrating. No one else sees these mistakes but ourselves on our work but they are like a neon sign to us. Great collection of patriotic pieces.