Saturday, March 27, 2021

Wool Applique

Hope you are enjoying your weekend wherever you are! It’s a cooler, rainy day in Minnesota. Good day for stitching!

Tonight, I took time to finish up the wool appliqué piece that I started a couple of weekends ago via an online class with Rebekah L. Smith. It’s not perfect, but I am happy with it. All I had left was the stem for the flower and the blanket stitch around the edge. Rebekah likes to put a piece of black felt on the back of her stitched pieces; I picked up the felt at JoAnns during the week. Love the color palette!

Last Sunday I was very lucky and managed to score this project bag from Deborah Harry’s Etsy shop. It makes me happy because it reminds me of my Auntie Betty; she used to embroider dish towels like this. The bag is expertly made.

Little Lizzie played a hard game of “fetch” this afternoon, in between the raindrops. She’s all tuckered out for the night!

Stitching on another Blackbird tonight. Will try to come back tomorrow with an update!


7 comments:

Marilyn said...

Great Wool piece, & that bag is beautiful.
Lizzie is too cute.
Marilyn

Donna G. said...

Cute project bag! Rebekah Smith always has such lovely designs.

Robin in Virginia said...

Your wool applique piece is a beauty, Cathy. What a fabulous bag you scored!

Khristine Doiron said...

Your applique looks lovely!

Barb said...

I snagged one of Debbie's bags the week prior. And your wool applique is really nice. Love Rebekah's colors.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Nice finish on the Rebekah Smith applique. Score you on the Deborah Harry bag, I think I have heard Laura, the serial starter talk about these bag on her flosstube.

Robin said...

Your wool work looks great. I keep thinking I am going to dig out some of mine to work on but hasn’t happened yet. Love the bag and such a sweet memory. I’m off to check out her site.