Wednesday, July 21, 2021

For Judy

One of my stitching friends died last month. This was the doily she had taken with her to work on while she was recovering in the hospital. She had most of the foundation stitching done. I did the cutting and wrapping. It’s finished now. I will return it to the family at the funeral on Saturday.

I decided to give my blog an update. I renamed it “Alphabet Stitcher” to mirror my Instagram name. The blog address will remain the same.

Putzing around tonight. No stitching. Sometimes putzing is okay though.


7 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I like the new name and look of your blog! I'm so sorry for your loss. Finishing Judy's piece is a very thoughtful way of paying your respects.

Stasi said...

Sorry for the loss of your friend, Judy. I'm sure her family will appreciate your kindness.

Marilyn said...

It's beautiful, & how nice of your to return it to the family.
Marilyn

Kim said...

So sorry for your loss.

Robin in Virginia said...

I am sorry to hear about Judy's passing, Cathy. What a beautiful piece you finished in your friend's honor.

Khristine Doiron said...

My condolences on the loss of your friend. What a special gift to give to her family. The last thing her hands made.

LaRue said...

So sweet of you. She's looking down and saying Cathy was a good friend.