Wednesday, January 03, 2024

Christmas Start - Christmas Garden

I’ve wanted to stitch this for such a long time. Just couldn’t decide on linen and thread choices. Admired all the various versions on Flosstube. Finally settled on linen and threads and on Christmas Eve stitching commenced. It’s a modest start, and I haven’t worked on it since, but I will get back to it real soon. Stitched enough to confirm that the colors were just right!


Christmas Garden from Blackbird Designs. Stitched on 40 ct Vintage Lentil from Lakeside. Gloriana Old Gold and Dutch Red, Belle Soie Weathered Vine and Mud Pie.

6 comments:

butterfly said...

Looks beautiful to me.
Happy New Year.

Marilyn said...

That is going to be gorgeous!
Marilyn

Robin in Virginia said...

Beautiful start, Cathy!

Jan said...

I'm following this thread. I too have this in my stash and can't decide on linen. I don't have a local shop to compare them with the treads so this is going to be my go to for inspiration.

diamondc said...

Hello Cathy: Nice progress, very pretty design, I love Blackbird designs.

Catherine

Khristine Doiron said...

Gorgeous choices on the thread and fabric!