Sunday, April 14, 2024

Samplers Not Forgotten

Hi there! I’ve got quite a lot of catching up to do on this ol’ blog. I’ve been busy, busy stitching and finishing. Where to start? 

This post will be dedicated to Samplers Not Forgotten. I’ve been on a mission to complete some of her kits over the past few weeks. My friends and I are headed to Quilter’s Station this week and Kimberly Nugent is one of the guest designers. Kim puts out wonderful little kits at the Nashville Needlework Market each year and I’ve collected quite a few over the years.

My first finish was this sweet little design called Floral Cup Pincushion. The kit included the little mug, linen, threads, ribbon, and even the coordinating pins. It was a quick stitch and an easy finish.


Next up is a kit that I acquired through one of the Country Sampler groups. The stitching was intense (almost two months) and the finishing was more involved, but I love this design and finish! It’s called One Nation.



At market this year, Kimberly introduced another sweet little pincushion kit called Blue Bird. I knew I could get this one stitched and finished quickly. It was kind of like “instant gratification” after working on One Nation for so long!

Tonight, I put the finishing touches on one more small kit. It’s called Lovey Dovey. I acquired the kit through the Silver Needle Circle of Friends a few years ago, but I believe the pattern is available to all now.


So here’s my collection of finishes. Aren’t they sweet? I’m looking forward to a new project from Kimberly at the retreat this week!


Hope to be back soon. Have more finishes to share!

4 comments:

butterfly said...

Beautiful work and finish .

Marilyn said...

Great stitching & finishing.
They are all so very pretty.
Marilyn

Robin in Virginia said...

What wonderful finishes you created from Kim's kits, Cathy! Well done!

Terri said...

Beautiful!!