Sunday, August 18, 2024

Stitching Update

Time for an update! It’s been over a month since I last posted. I’ve been really focused on trying to finish WIPs, but have had less stitching time in the last 30 days. Nonetheless, I have a few things to share.

Let’s start with a finish. American Welcome from Plum Street Samplers. There’s a lot of stitching in this design! It was the retreat project in Amana in the Spring of 2023, so I’ve been working on it for more than a year. Stitched on 40 ct  Vintage Sand Dune by Lakeside Linen using called for threads.


We have a second finish! I’ve started this last year too and it was high time I finished it. The design is from MoJo Stitches and it is called Humble Stitcher, Harriet Turner. Also stitched on Lakeside Linen. 36 ct. Vintage Antique Bisque. The linen color is a little more accurate in the second photo.



And, I’m still working on Erica Michael’s Sampler Book. The letter “U” for Umbrella or Upright Cross Stitch is now complete. (Since taking this photo, I’ve completed the over one label.)


Last weekend I traveled with a friend to Beresford, South Dakota to take a finishing class with Cathy Habermann from Hands on Design. The class was hosted by Shanty Stitchers. It was a great class. Best part about Cathy’s classes is that you always leave with a finished project! It’s called Midnight Garden.





I’ll leave you with some pictures of Cathy’s delightful trunk show!







Thanks for stopping by! 

No comments: