Tuesday, July 21, 2026

Mary Beale Update

Today is going to be a beautiful day! Our temperatures have returned to normal and there’s even a bit of a breeze outside!

I’m keeping up with my progress on Mary Beale’s Days of Advent. Rather than stitching it as a sampler, we are hoping to create a book. (Full explanation on my April 23 post.) There are six of us working on this project. Yesterday, I completed the fifth block. I’ve got 20 more blocks to go. As the saying goes though, slow and steady wins the race, right?

Here’s block #5 - Elisha (I still need to refresh my memory of this bible story!)


Here are the first four blocks that I stitched:





And here’s the entire piece so far:

Keep in mind, we started in the middle and are working to the end. When finished, we’ll go back to the middle and work the first half in reverse order. Looks like my toes snuck into that photo - oops!

Well, I need to get moving. My new little grandson (almost 6 weeks old) is coming to visit so his mom can go get a haircut. He’s such a little sweetheart.

Have a great day!

No comments: