Monday, October 09, 2006

Weighted Stand Up



Here are the results from the weighted stand up finishing class I took on Saturday. When I registered for the class I was the only one signed up and they thought it might be cancelled so I didn't stitch anything special, I just figured I'd use something out of my stash of stitched items. This particular design from HIH isn't really suitable for a weighted stand up, but it worked enough to help me understand the steps to constructing one. We decided to arch the top and then I added the bow. I'll make another one sometime soon and try to document the steps for you. It wasn't too difficult!

15 comments:

Sharon said...

Cathy, it looks fabulous! No one would ever guess it's your first one!

Julianne said...

It looks great. What do you use for weights? I have a Prairie Schooler leaflet that says to use fishing weights.

Carol said...

I love your weighted stand up - so sweet and what a neat new technique for finishing!

Barbara said...

It looks great, Cathy! And I will eagerly look forward to your explanation of how to do this. I could display some of my stuff that way...

Isabelle said...

That is so lovely Cathy! Such an interesting new technique :)

Anonymous said...

Cathy,to be the first one looks great!!. Now you have to share the steps and the secrets witth us :)

AnneS said...

I'm really looking forward to your descriptions on how to do it ... I've got "Needle Nick" by Lizzie*Kate in my stash ready for stitching, and it's a stand-up design ... in fact I've just checked, and it doesn't have any finishing instructions at all ... mutter mutter mutter :( Yup, could definitely use your instructions!! :D Your class piece looks lovely, BTW too :D

Anita said...

it is so pretty. I love the way
it turned out.

Vonna said...

LOVELY!! Great work!

Jenna said...

Great job! I'm glad that you enjoyed the class. Thanks for being willing to share some information with us when you have a chance. :)

Karoline said...

It looks great, congratulaitons

BeckySC said...

You go girl!!! It looks great!

hugs :)

Von said...

Cathy, this is wonderful! I'm really looking forward to seeing how it's done.

Cindy said...

I just love that! wonderful job on it!

Sue said...

Oh, I love your stand up. What nice stitching AND finishing.