Saturday, March 10, 2007

PIF Gift

Was I ever surprised to find a package from Barbara in my mailbox today! Before Christmas I signed up for Pay It Forward on Barbara's blog. Today I received a lovely tea envelope from Barbara and inside were some heavenly smelling packets of tea! The design on the front is so appropriate - it reads "Time for a tea party!" Barbara did a great job stitching and finishing this gift for me. Hugs to you Barbara and many thanks!



Sorry for being so quiet lately. It seems like there just aren't enough hours in the day for everything I would like to do and blogging is at the bottom of the list. On the stitching front, during the past week I finished my second PIF gift (it will get mailed on Monday), and I finished the stitching on two exchange gifts. I'll probably do the finishing on those next weekend. Tonight I'm hoping to work on LHN's Home of a Needleworker so that I can keep up with Vonna, Myrna, CathyMK , Carissa and the others who are in this Friends Gather SAL with me.

(Edited to add pictures!)

Have a good weekend - thanks for stopping by!

15 comments:

Jenna said...

What a lovely gift from Barbara! Very cute. :) It's nice to hear from you and I can understand not having time to blog. Just so you're okay. *hug*

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Oh, that is spectacular! What a special PIF gift from Barbara...she's got such nifty ideas for finishings :)
You don't have to worry about keeping up with me....I'm so far behind on everything...I feel like throwing in the towel!!
:)

Anonymous said...

What Barbara made for you is so lovely. You must be thrilled :)

BeckySC said...

Just beautiful :) enjoy :)

Von said...

What a great idea, a tea envelope! Beautifully crafted too. :D

Well, if you can't get to blogging, at least you're stitching, Cathy. For some reason not wanting to pick up that hardanger piece tonight. I need to just do it and get it finished! :D

Carol said...

That was sweet of Barbara :-) Yep, have missed you around here!

Kitty Couture said...

How sweet of Barbara!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely gift! Barbara did a great job :)

Nice to see you blogging but don't worry if it takes a backseat every now and again.

Anonymous said...

What a stunning piece!! And what a gorgeous vibrant colour!
Have a nice cup of tea and don't worry, blogland isn't going anywhere... :o)

mainely stitching said...

Cathy, if you need any translations for the tea types (as some are only in Dutch or German), just let me know! ;)

I'm so glad you like the gift. It was a treat to make something for you, and it really should be termed a Pay It Back gift because you've done so many wonderful things for me and given me so much encouragement since I started blogging!

Sharon said...

What a gorgeous PIF gift! Enjoy that lovely tea.

Rachel V said...

What a thoughtful and lovely gift!

catandturtle said...

What a beautiful gift. It is so sweet, I love it. Ann.

Anne S said...

What a wonderful PIF from Barbara - that's such an awesome idea with all those yummy teas :) Your redwork pinkeep for Andrea is a stunner too, as is your redwork bag from Isabelle :D Can you tell I'm trying to catch up a bit on blogs? (Mum's yapping on the phone so I'm sneaking in a bit of blog reading LOL)

Lelia said...

Lovely gifts from Barbara!! No, there are not enough hours in the day for everything we want to accomplish.