Thursday, March 01, 2007

Stitching and Exchange Update

My Game Board Sampler from The Drawn Thread has been dusted off and progress was made. I stitched three new squares on Sunday evening while watching the Academy Awards. I'm now working on my fourth - I do like this design. It's going to take awhile to finish, but it will be worth it. Check out the progress others have made on our Game Board Sampler SAL blog.



I was stunned yesterday when I opened my SBEBB Redwork exchange package from Isabelle. She stitched and finished the most beautiful bag for me! The stitching is beautiful and her finishing is superb. She stitched our names and and countries on the backside. Truly a special gift! Along with the bag she sent some fabric for future finishes and some very pretty French overdyed thread. Thank you so much Isabelle!



As for our weather - we are experiencing another snowstorm; it started snowing last night and the snow will continue through tomorrow. Most activities have been cancelled for this evening and everyone has been advised not to travel on the roads unless absolutely necessary. It sure will be nice to have a night at home!

Happy Stitching!

16 comments:

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Your gameboard is looking fantastic! Great progress.

Sharon said...

Gorgeous bag from Isabelle and great progress on your gameboard.

Kitty Couture said...

Great progress on the gameboard! Those squares are so cute.

I'm so happy you like your sac à malice, Cathy. As you know, I really wanted to make something special for you - I was thrilled to get your name :) :)

Anonymous said...

Lovely progress on your Gameboard Cathy! Isabelle did a beautiful job on your bag - lucky you :)

Stay warm!

mainely stitching said...

Isn't Isabelle a dear? And so talented!! I love your redwork.

Your gameboard is coming along so well!!

Chelle said...

Love your gameboard! All of those little squares look so...do-able! I really need to get mine kitted up. The bag from Isabelle is fantastic! Lucky you!

Carol said...

Your gameboard is looking fantastic - and lovely gift from Isabelle!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Ahhh, such a truly lovely gift from Isabelle, I've never visited her blog, but she has lots of lovely friends and does impeccable work! Lucky you Cathy you deserve it!

Your Gameboard is really looking good! It looks like you've gotten a lot done!

A night at home...I wish that I could have one of those....SOON!

Anonymous said...

Your Game Baord Sampler looks wonderful.

BeckySC said...

BEEutiful exchange from Isabelle :)

Gameboard is looking great :)

(((hugs to you )))

Unknown said...

That bag from Isabelle is awesome! You've done so much on the game board!

Wendy said...

Good progress on the Gameboard. And your exchange piece from Isabelle is awesome! She does just amazing stitching and finishing!!

Michelle said...

Love the beautiful bag from Isabelle. Gorgeous! Great progress on your gameboard too!

Unknown said...

I love the Sampler Gameboards, they are all beautiful. I would love to join the blog to please Cathy, just awaiting my fabric now as I have had a change of heart with what I want to use.

And I love your bag from Isabelle too, very talented lady that she is. Do enjoy.

Katrina said...

Your SGB is coming along nicely, I desperately need to get mine back out :-). Love the package, the bag is too cute.

Nicki said...

Your exchange piece from Isabelle is gorgeous! And the Sampler gameboard looks great too :)