Saturday, July 28, 2007

Stiching Friends are Special!

It was a challenging week at work; I had worked many extra hours and was mentally and physically drained when I arrived home on Friday night. Lo and behold - there was a package waiting for me in my mailbox!

A package from Marie - I was excited to see what she had sent. Marie received my name for the USEBB Summer House exchange and WOW is the only word I can use to describe the piece she stitched and finished for me! The design is from Lizzie Kate and it's beautifully stitched, but check out the awesome finishing Marie did, turning this piece of stitching into a quilted wallhanging. It is really beautiful! Marie sent other goodies including a pattern from my wishlist - The Drawn Thread "Halloween Spot" - I look forward to stitching this one in the fall. The wallhanging will be hung in my sewing room very soon! Many thanks Marie, I will truly treasure this gift from you.



Today brought more surprises - another package in the mailbox; this one from Helen. I wasn't quite sure what it could be, but I must tell you that the contents nearly made me cry. Dear Helen felt badly that I hadn't received a package from my partner for the Trip Around the World exchange in April. Helen decided that she would stitch a replacement for me - what a dear friend! I must tell you though, she outdid herself with many goodies from the UK including a book of English Teatime Recipes, a pin with the British and US flags on it, a pen, a keychain that is fashioned after a red English mailbox, a towel with British wildlife pictured on it, and more! But the piece de resistance is a wee little needlecase with an English thatched cottage stitched on the front and the British flag and our initials on the back. Thank you Helen for being so thoughtful and kind - I will treasure this and remember your kindness forever!





I am so grateful to have so many stitching friends online. You mean a lot to me in more ways than you could ever possibly know. Thank you for sharing your talent with me, for visiting my blog and leaving words of encouragement, and for being such caring friends! Hugs to all!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

What lovely gifts/exchanges! Marie did a beautiful job of the wallhanging and Helen's exchange is so...British! ;) How sweet of her to stitch you a replacement and send such wonderful goodies :)

mainely stitching said...

Oh my goodness, Cathy! I'm so happy that stitching friends have shown you how beloved you are! The exchange and gifts from Helen are truly touching - how very sweet of her! And the wallhanging from Marie is an absolute treasure!

Katrina said...

Everything is so nice! What sweet friends :-).

Anonymous said...

What a lovely wall hanging. You must be thrilled.

Carol said...

Those are wonderful exchanges you received - congratulations!!!

Susimac said...

Lovely exchanges, I saw your sweet needlebbok in real life when Ivisited Helen, though it wasn't quite finished when I saw it and I thought it was gorgeous.

ollie1976 said...

great exchange gifts!
-Jen

lena-lou said...

What a lovely wallhanging from Marie she is very multi-talented and does such lovely crafty things :)
I am happy you like the little exchange I sent to you, it was a pleasure to stitch for you :-)))

Michelle said...

What sweet exchanges! I love the quilted wall hanging!!

Sally said...

What beautiful pieces you have recieved Cathy.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Marie's work is unrivaled and is Helen's...what a lucky, lucky lady you are for receiving such gorgeous gifts from lovely talented ladies :)

Marie said...

Love that needlecase! I must email Helen to see how she finished that littel treasure!
So glad you liked the exchange!

Deb said...

Cathy, You are really the chosen friend of the week with all your pretty treasure! Helen is a darling to think of you, and the wallhanging from Marie is so rich in color. It must feel like your birthday!! Enjoy it all!
Hugs,
Deb

Lennu said...

Oh how beautiful gifts/exchanges! Stitching friends are the best friends :)

Anonymous said...

It's the first time I am visiting your blog ; there is wonderful things to show (excuse me my english isn't very good !).
Good journey.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow the wall hanging is amazing!