Saturday, July 14, 2007

Welcome to My Neighborhood!


My neighborhood RR is off in the mail today to Carol. I'm excited to be participating with the Group 3 stitchers in this, my first ever RR!

I am using 32 ct Vintage Light Examplar from Lakeside Linens. My blocks are 70 X 70 stitches. When it is returned to me, I'm planning to stitch a border in between the squares and around the piece (just didn't have time to do it before sending it off!)

My design is based on elements from LHN's Lakeside Lodge and Even Tide's Minnesota needleroll. I'm asking my neighbors to try and incorporate something in their designs that is significant to their area (city, state, or country). In my square, I stitched my house on a lake (Minnesota is the land of 10,000 lakes) and included a loon (our state bird).


I can't wait to decide what to stitch in Erin's neighborhood once I receive it!

17 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

This is spectacularly beautiful Cathy! You did a fabulous job!

Anonymous said...

this is very beautiful !

Anonymous said...

The first house in your neighbourhood looks fantastic!! I love the little details that really make it your own.

Ranae said...

I just love this. You did a really awesome job with it.

Kathy said...

Awesome!! It really looks like Minnesota. Can't wait to see what the rest of your neighborhood looks like when it works its way back to you.

Wendy said...

Your house looks wonderful, Cathy. The details you added are very sweet.

barbara said...

I love it Cathy! It's so personal and it looks great!!

Marie said...

Very nice job~I really want to take part in a RR one of these days.

Susimac said...

It looks wonderful, I love your idea that makes it very much your own. Its really lovely.

Michelle said...

Soo cute! I love your idea.

Chelle said...

What a great start, Cathy! I like your theme. You'll have such a neat keepsake when your RR returns home. Enjoy!

Kim said...

Oh that is so personal!! What a great theme! Cant wait to see the finish results!!

~Kim~

Sharon said...

Your house is looking mighty fine Cathy! Love it.

lena-lou said...

Fab work on your NRR hope you really enjoy taking part :-)

Anonymous said...

This is fantastic! I love houses! I would love to put a link to your blog on my blog if you don't mind!

Lennu said...

It's beautiful!! The squares you stitched and received are so pretty too. And Maggie is soooo cute :)

Dani - tkdchick said...

Your RR looks great!