Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

The ghosts and goblins made their visits this evening. It's hard to believe that October has come to a close.

I haven't been blogging very much lately, but I have been stitching! Here are some of the projects I have been working on.

Hands to Work - This is the Day -- it's not finished yet, but it's close. I just have to do the filling stitches in the box at the top (around the alphabet). I'm not looking forward to filling that box in, but it will be gorgeous when finished! (Sorry, I did not take time to press this one!) Stitched on WDW Cappucino with recommended WDW/GAST fibers.



Mary Garry - Forget Me Not -- last week I was itching to stitch something that would be an easy finish. I pulled this one out of my collection of Mary Garry samplers. It's stitched with DMC on a miscellaneous piece of 28 ct linen from my stash. I think I will finish this as a pillow next time I have a finishing day. (I took a picture of this sampler on top of the quilt in the next picture - the color of the linen is cream, but it looks somewhat multicolored...which it's not.)



Last up -- another quilt. This is another one that my daughter started about 5 or so years ago. She did the rail fence blocks and put them all together. I added the borders for her and hired Joan to do the quilting for me. This will make a nice wallhanging or tabletopper.



Before I go, here's a picture of our pumpkin which my daughter carved when she was home last weekend. It sat on our front step and greeted the little goblins who visited tonight!



Happy Halloween!

18 comments:

Yvonne..... said...

Happy Halloween! Love how your sampler is coming along. It'll be finished in no time!

Melody said...

Love the Mary Garry piece and This is the Day. I have been admiring TiTD for awhile. I have seen it finished on other blogs. Also, I'm a big fan of Mary Garry.

Theresa said...

Wow!! Gorgeous pieces you have there!!!!! Happy Halloween to you, too~~~

Bekca said...

I really like all of your WIPs, This is the Day will be finished in no time. Happy Halloween!

Margaret said...

All your pieces are wonderful!! And the pumpkin -- nice! No pumpkins for us for a few years now. The kids are too old for them, and we're too lazy. lol!

Lynn said...

Lovely works Barb! TiTD has always been a favourite of mine but this is the first I see of the Mary Garry piece. It's really cute and will make a great pillow.

Kathy said...

What beautiful finishes (and almost finish). I just love the colors in quilt.

Mama Joan said...

All looks great. I like your Mary Garry piece.

Edgar said...

What super stitching!!! I still love TiTD and remember fondly when I worked it last year. Love Miss Garry!!

barbara said...

Oh everything looks so great, but your almost-done sampler steals the show!

Katrina said...

Cute pumpkin!!! Hope your DD is enjoying her first year of college :-).

Love TitD and the Mary Garry piece is so sweet. Pretty quilt too.

TeresaB said...

Your sampler is looking great and I love your quick finish. Will make a wonderful pillow.

Hope your Halloween was full of treats!

Von said...

Lucky you to have been stitching!! I really must start taking more time for it, now that my garden is going to sleep. :)

Lois said...

Love your Mary Garry finish and TiTD is looking so good! Sweet quilt, love the bright colours.

Angela said...

Cathy, I saw the little peacock you stitched for "The Purple Peacock" and it's adorable! I'm hoping you'll share the name of the pattern. I'd love to stitch one up myself!

Andrea said...

Wow, I really love your TiTD on the WDW Cappucinno! It's gorgeous! I really need to start on that one!
And the Mary Garry piece is so pretty too!
Hope you had a Happy Halloween :)
xox

Siobhán said...

Lovely stitching and quilting! I love Mary Garry. :)

Nadia said...

Wonderful finished!!
Hugs
Nadia