Friday, November 05, 2010

A Purple Peacock for the Purple Peacock

Hello friends! Just a quickie post as I need to get moving and off to work!

Last Friday was Jill's birthday! My package was a bit late in getting to her, but it did eventually arrive and in it was this purple peacock that I had stitched for her! The pattern is in this year's JCS ornament magazine (page 23). It is from the Courtney Collection and it is called Holiday Peacock. I stitched mine on Picture This Plus "Shale" (36 ct I think) using Belle Soie Plush Plum. I ruched a coordinating colored ribbon along the outside with small purple sead beeds. Jill can use it as an ornament or a pinkeep - whatever she likes! Hope you had a great birthday Jill!



Not much else to share - I've been traveling some, so that means that I am reading. Here are two more books for you to consider. The first book is new needlework mystery (similar to the Monica Ferris series). It was an easy read - The Quick and The Thread by Amanda Lee. Sounds like she has book two coming out early next year.



I also read the third book in the series from Marie Bostwick. This is not a mystery, just fiction and the story centers around the people associated with Cobble Court Quilts in the small town of New Bern, CT. If you like the Jennifer Chiaverini books, you would enjoy reading this series.



That's it for me - I gotta run! Have a great day - do some stitching!

17 comments:

Mama Joan said...

Your finish turned out nice. See you tomorrow.

Giovanna said...

Very pretty ornament!

Amy said...

Lucky Jill!

Margaret said...

I bet Jill loves it! Thanks for the book recommendations. They look interesting!

Kathy said...

Pretty finish. I'm sure Jill loved it.

That first book you listed, the Quick and the Thread, looks interesting. I'll have to keep my eye out for it. I love the Monica Ferris series and have all of them. Thanks for pointing out the new one.

Bekca said...

The thread colour you have used on this ornament is gorgeous, a great finish :)

Melissa said...

Pretty finish!

Daffycat said...

Oh Cathy! Your peacock ornament turned out lovely! I'm sure Jill is thrilled with it!

Denise said...

Awesome ornie!

A Thread so Thin - is this her new one? I don't have this one...come on Christmas and my Kindle!!!

Smiles - Denise

Faye said...

You are such a great friend to Jill, a most deserving stitcher! I love the shade of purple used in this piece..... You've got me to thinking................

Gabi said...

Gorgeous finish. Jill must be thrilled

Lois said...

What a lovely ornament, the colours work really well.

Siobhán said...

Love the finish! Great job.

Katrina said...

What a sweet gift!!!! And I love how it's finished.

Lynn said...

Pretty peacock! The ruched ribbon looks great with it. I'll bet Jill is thrilled!

Moonpie primitives said...

Hi Kathy:
I absolutely love your peacock...
Happy stitching, Nancy

Melissa said...

Ooooh, I like that peacock! So funky!