Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Dyeing to Stitch Wrap Up

As the saying goes, "all good things must come to an end." Unfortunately, our weekend of fun did come to an end and on Sunday it was time to come home.

After our class ended on Saturday we made a quick trip back to Dyeing to Stitch. I had to take one more look at all of those beautiful stitched samplers on their walls. On the way back to the hotel we stopped to take some pictures of the sea and of this statue of Neptune. Trust me, it was very cold outside when we took these pictures. Brrr! Those surfers are crazy!





On Saturday afternoon we had some time to visit with Ann Robbins; what a delightful lady she is! We talked about samplers and the proper way to press linen. She also shared with us how the dyeing process is done. It was quite interesting to talk with her.



There was a banquet on Saturday night to wrap up the retreat. For some reason, I didn't take very many pictures, only this one, of new friends that we made at our table.



We had lots of food, delicious desserts, and great conversation. Of course there were many lovely doorprizes. One stitcher won the frame and Jill Rensel mat to go with the Shepherd's Bush project. Can you imagine? Wow! At the end of the evening we each received a parting gift --- a Nantucket basket from Olde Colonial! Our project from Friday night (the padded basket bottom) is a perfect fit for this basket!)



As I mentioned in an earlier post, there were approximately 90 stitchers from all over the U.S. at this retreat. In addition to my Minnesota traveling companions, there were a handful of other stitchers who I already knew; it was good to see them again. It was also fun running into stitchers who would say "I read your blog all the time!" And, there were many new friendships made during the retreat (a big shout out to Maureen and her mother Barbara, and to Cathy, Polly, and Vickie - see you next April at Stitchville!) Connecting and chatting with other stitchers from other parts of the country is really the most fun of all!

Before I sign off, I promised to share with you the little project that we did with Teri from Shepherd's Bush. Teri's project was super simple and it only took 15 minutes! We each made a felt flower scissor fob! The petals were already cut for us and all we had to do was assemble and stitch the parts together. Isn't it cute?



The stitched design with the fob is a retreat exclusive from Shakespeare's Peddler; it will be a needlebook once I have time to do the finishing. A nice reminder of my weekend "By the Sea."

7 comments:

Mindi said...

Beautiful and cute projects all around. I love all the little (and some not so little) extras the designers did.

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Thank you for sharing your pictures with us. It's been fun to see all the sights and goodies. Love your new basket!

Bekca said...

Thank you very much for sharing your adventure with us, I have really enjoyed these posts. How nice to have a lovely reminder of such a fun weekend. Best wishes.

Kay said...

Looks like you all had a blast. Love the Nantucket basket - what a great gift!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your fun time at the Retreat. I really enjoy your blog. Nice projects and what a great parting gift!
Take care, Lancy

Laura said...

Thanks for sharing your retreat with us!!! It looks like one of the most fabulous weekends ever!!!

Babs said...

I was upset that someone from the table removed my name from the seating arrangement. I don't understand why someone from this group would do that to someone without asking first. I had hoped to spend some time getting a chance to meet you and exchange thoughts about blogging. Anyone following your blog that was at this table I have to tell you how this really upset me and was the definite low point to the retreat for me.