Saturday, August 30, 2014

A Day at the Fair

We woke up this morning and decided to go to the Minnesota State Fair. It was a beautiful day weather-wise, so I'm glad we went. We didn't stay too late though. It got more and more crowded as it got later in the day.



One of my favorite stops at the Fair is the Creative Activities building. That's where all the needlework is. Thought I'd share a few snapshots with you.

The chart for this piece from Jeanette Douglas is in my stash. I should really dig it out and stitch it up!



This is a beautiful piece of Japanese embroidery. The frame complements the design nicely.



Quilts, quilts, quilts!






A little bit of tatting.






Some Hardanger.












This is Ukrainian Embroidery.



Some wool appliqué...






It was a great day!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

4 comments:

Mrs. DillyDally said...

Some day I am going to revisit the Minnesota State Fair! Thanks for sharing the needlework exhibits!

Margaret said...

Thanks for sharing. So many pretty pieces to look at. The wool applique looks gorgeous!

KimM said...

What beautiful stitching - thank you for sharing all the talents from MN!
xxx

Bekca said...

What a great place for inspiration, glad you had a fun time :)
Best wishes.