Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Stitching by the Lake

Last week I was in Buffalo, MN for the Needlework Guild of Minnesota's annual retreat. This was my third retreat with NGM and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

We had beautiful weather the entire week. The retreat center sits right on the edge of the lake.



Many of the classrooms have a view of the lake. This shot was taken while many stitchers were "asleep in bed while visions of stitching fun danced in their heads!"


I took three classes this time, all with Catherine Theron - the Wee Bunny Box, No Place Like Home Stitchery Book and Bless this Home Sampler. During the sampler class, Catherine drew us some road maps for the inside border.






All I can say is that Catherine is much friendlier than Mrs. Dash; she did not say "recalculating" even once! I look forward to stitching (and hopefully finishing) these three projects during the next year!

We had some fun at this retreat...the theme was Embrace the Pace and so we had a tortoise and the hare thing going on. Her's the hare delivering our secret stitcher gifts on Friday!


Stay tuned...my favorite part of retreat is the Show and Tell event where members exhibit their finishes during the previous year. Don't worry, I took lots of pictures!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

5 comments:

Marilyn said...

Sounds like you had a good time, and how perfect, right by a lake.
Can't wait to see Show & Tell.
Marilyn

Hazel said...

Looks like a fun day! X

Vickie said...

Beautiful! Whew, that looks confusing. What fun with the hare! ;)

Ann said...

This sounds like SO much fun! Can't wait to see your progress.

Bekca said...

What a beautiful location for a retreat, I can't wait to see more pictures :)
Best wishes.