Sunday, October 19, 2014

Quilt Show

Yesterday was a beautiful day and most of it was spent in the yard. My DH raked the front yard and I cleaned out our three raised beds that we use for vegetable gardening.

I did sneak away for a little while. At a nearby school one of the local quilt guilds was having a quilt show. It was a lot of fun viewing all of their beautiful finishes!



Here are some of my favorite quilts from the show...this one was a Dear Jane quilt...


This design is from Crabapple Hill. The designs are colored in with crayons and then embroidered.


Not sure what this one is called...I just liked it! The fabrics were civil war inspired colors.


Interesting challenge project. They each took a greeting card and then created a mini quilt that using the card as their inspiration.


This quilt used fabrics from this year's Minnesota Quilt Shop Hop. Participating shops each contributed a square.


Such inspiration!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

4 comments:

Margaret said...

What lovely quilts! I love a good quilt show!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Beautiful quilts from the quilt show--am thinking about all the hours and skill in making the Dear Jane

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Beautiful quilts from the quilt show--am thinking about all the hours and skill in making the Dear Jane

Mrs. DillyDally said...

Thanks for sharing the show! Living in a remote area, I don't have the opportunity to do much of that! Sew inspiring!