On March 24, I shared with you a picture of my Tulip Tray from Patrick's Woods. I still had three smalls that were stitched but not finished. Last night I decided to work on the Tulip. I didn't expect it to take me all night, but it did. That's okay, it is done.
The tulip is made from some of the prettiest pink velvet ribbon. Once all the pieces were mounted onto the cardboard templates I was able to then start hand sewing the pieces together. There should be a feather stitch along the sides of the tulip, but I just wasn't happy with it. I did a very small blanket stitch and then added some beads on the outside edges (you probably can't see them in the picture, but trust me, they are there!
The inside of the tulip pulls out to reveal a needlebook! The ribbon is personalized with a swan on one side and my initial on the other.
The ensemble looks good, but I still have two more smalls to put together. (Dear Ann, I would love to help you assemble your tray, if only we lived about 1300 miles closer to each other!)
(Blogger is misbehaving with my pictures - sorry!)
Here's my latest fetish...old needlework tools made or bone or celluloid. These were a recent purchase, so tiny and well used. I can imagine a little old lady holding these tools at one time. One of them has a very small metal crochet hook attached to it. Another is a very small crochet hook (only about three inches in length.) The others are awls -- you can tell they were well loved.
Well, tomorrow I will be back and will tell you about the Saturday and Sunday class (March 20 and 21).