Sunday, April 26, 2015

Amy Mitten

If you have ever taken a class with Amy Mitten then you know that there is always a mystery to be solved. The sampler guild ladies in our story are celebrating the 10th anniversary of their guild and are on retreat and the vey bossy president of the guild has been murdered - with a scissors no less!

My friend Chris and I are here in Bettendorf, IA with the ladies from the Mississippi River Valley Sampler Guild for Amy Mitten's class. We are working on her sampler "Ten". What a delightful lady she is. Amy hails from Calgary, Alberta. I have enjoyed listening to her - I love how Canadians say their "o's" and every once in awhile she will slip in an "eh".

The sampler is filled with a multitude of specialty stitches. Amy takes time to explain them all in detail. Note the crime scene in the background!

There are about 20 of us taking the class; she breaks us down into smaller groups to explain the stitches.

Amy brought all of her teaching pieces along plus the models for the projects that are offered as online tutorials via her website. What a feast for the eyes!

Well, that's all for now. I need to get moving. I have a murder to solve.

 

6 comments:

Vickie said...

You had me wondering! Go! Solve it. ;)

Ann said...

Sounds like so much fun!!!

barbara said...

Oh what fun!! Cathy, have a blast!!

Terry N said...

Took a class with Amy last fall through our sampler guild, Western Reserve SG in Bath, Ohio. I too loved hearing the mystery story as she told while we stitched. My piece, "Mute But Not Silent" is currently at th framer's -- I lived stitching it! Please post progress pics of your piece.

Khristine Doiron said...

Looks like you are having lots of fun!!

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Oh how fun Cathy! What a feast for the eyes seeing all those models together. Have fun!