Sunday, January 07, 2018

On the Eleventh and Twelfth Days...

We've got Pipers Piping and Drummers Drumming!



Many thanks to my friend Chris for this wonderful gift.  I enjoyed sharing it with you over the past two weeks.  I have more gifts that I will be sharing with you over my next several posts!

This past week I was in Atlanta for a day and I was hoping for a reprieve from our frigid temperatures.  What a dreamer I was.  At least the temperature was above zero, but they were experiencing strong winds the day I was there which brought the wind chill down in the double digits below zero.  No reprieve from winter!

There was no stitching in my world during the week, but this weekend I made progress on a piece that didn't require much to move it to the finished pile.  

This is from the Chessie and Me class that I took in LaCrosse in September.  All that was left was the over one verse on the needlebook and the word "pins" on the pincushion.  The over one stitching is now completed and I need to find time in the near future to fully finish this project.

Chessie and Me "Miss Nettie's Needle Usefuls"




I have some pre-work for an upcomng class that I need to work on now, so back to the stitching chair!

Before I leave you, here's another sweet little ornament that I received from my stitching bud Marie.  The design is from Blackbird Designs and I believe it is is one of the JCS ornament magazines.


Stay warm!  Happy Stitching!

8 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Lovely ornaments you were gifted! Your Chessie & Me pieces are darling.

Stasi said...

I've enjoyed your 12 days posts--what a wonderful gift! The Blackbird piece is great too!!! Love the Chessie project--can't wait to see it finished!
What class are you preparing for?
Try to stay warm!

Barb said...

That BBD ornament is beautiful. Your project is lovely too. You are lucky to have stitching friends!

deb said...

The Chessie and Me from your class is so sweet!

Berit said...

Eleventh day is just so cute! Gotta be my favorite!

Rosa said...

Beautiful! Does anyone know which ornament issue this is in? Thanks!

Khristine Doiron said...

Beautiful stitching! By you and your friends!! Sorry you didn’t get any warmer in Atlanta but spring can’t be far off can it?

Halland House Gifts said...

I love the stitching for the upcoming Chessie and Me class and can’t wait to see it finished.