Sunday, January 28, 2018

Oops I Did it Again

Good intentions...yes, I had good intentions to post to this blog on a regular basis, but once again I disappeared on you for a few weeks.

I started a new post back on Friday, January 12 from Mesa, Arizona. I was trying to post from my iPad, but my iPad and blogger don't like each other (they only get along when the post is short with no more than one picture!)  So, I scrapped the post and thought I would update the blog when I got home.

Things went quickly south while in Mesa.  I came down with a massive cold  Since I really wasn't enjoying myself and I'm sure my tablemates didn't appreciate me being there, I skipped the last day of the Symposium and came home on Sunday morning.  I have been sick ever since.  I just can't seem to get rid of the cough and the congestion.  Needless to say, I haven't felt much like blogging much less stitching. Despite this, I decided it was time to post an update today.  If you will oblige me, I'm going to pick up where I left off on January 12!

***

I love to travel, it’s in my blood.  On Thursday, January 11, my son brought me to the airport well in advance of my flight.  I had time to just sit and enjoy the excitement and anticipation of being at the airport.

It was not so nice outside.  Cold (10 degrees) and snowing.  The airport was working hard to keep the runways cleared.

Three hours later I was in a warmer place.  Where might I be?


I’m here for the Attic’s annual Sampler Symposium.  Spent time at the Attic this morning admiring their models and oohing and aahing over the various linens available.  The Attic has wonderful linens to choose from.  I purchased some 46ct from Lakeside Linen which I am anxious to try.



Their walls are filled with so many stitched models of samplers.


The Christmas corner looked great too!


I love this red sampler - I think it's a design from Long Dog.  The multiplication table below it is from Kathy Barrick.


I really like the sample in the middle of this photo too (stitched with blue thread).


Wonderful collection of models from Carriage House, Blackbird Designs, Chessie and Me and more...


Of course, Houses of Hawk Run Hollow and Village of Hawk Run Hollow caught me eye.  It was kind of like playing "Eye Spy"!


My primary reason for visiting the Attic and attending their Sampler Symposium was to meet Nicola Parkman from Hands Across the Sea Samplers.  These are the two models of the Uffindal sisters.


More Hands Across the Sea models...





Nicola had also brought along some of the original samplers, as well as some of their upcoming Nashville releases!



Friday was a good day!  I spent about two hours or so mulling around the Attic.  The Sampler Symposium would start at 5pm on Friday evening and I was really looking forward to it!

11 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

I am sorry to you had to shorten your trip due to being sick. What a fabulous place to wander and browse! I hope you are on the road to recovery soon!

Halland House Gifts said...

Thank you for the the wonderful picture tour of the Attic. I sure hope you get to feeling better soon, Cathy. Right before Christmas I contracted what my doctor and I think was strep which moved into a sinus infection, laryngitis, an upper respiratory and chronic cough. I got some amazing medicine to help, but that pesky cough didn't go away and my lungs didn't clear up until I went to the grocery store. All I wanted was some herbal tea, and I never expected the Breathe Easy tea to work.

Wow! This girl should have known better, but I only noticed an important section a couple of mugs later--the Warnings Prior to Use section. Fortunately, I was still okay to drink the stuff. It tastes awful, but has cleared up the inflammation and uninvited respiratory guests beautifully.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Hope you are feeling better and the linen from the Attic cheered you up

deb said...

Sounds as if it was a wonderful trip (well, up until you got sick). Oooh, those pictures of the Attic and all the beautiful samplers make me wish I had about 20 hours a day to stitch!

So sorry you're still not feeling well - maybe you should be checked out to make sure that stubborn cough isn't bronchitis?

Barb said...

What a wonderful event. So sorry you got sick. My DH and I are both finally getting well. Between the two of us we have been sick for 3 weeks. I was even tested for the flu. Both of us had a virus that quickly changed into bronchitis, no fun at all. Hope you are better very soon. The Attic is a place I only dream about!!

RJ said...

How lucky were you to attend such a wonderful event. The samplers were awesome and gorgeous. I can just imagine how beautiful they are in real life. I would have loved to been there too. Thank you for sharing with us. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Marilyn said...

The Attic looks wonderful.
There are some beautiful Samplers on the walls!
Sorry you missed part of your time there.
I hope you feel better soon.
Marilyn

Mary said...

I hope your feeling much better and thankfully it wasn't the flu. Oh, how I would love to visit such a shop. Such gorgeous eye candy. I'm impressed that you can stitch on 46 count!!!

The Inspired Stitcher said...

I'm so sorry to hear you are still sick! I wondered where you were on Sunday but just figured you had an early flight. Mine got canceled so I had to reschedule for one later in the day. I guess that's the gamble you take when traveling in the winter. Take care of yourself! {{Hugs}}

Khristine Doiron said...

Hope you are on the mend soon! How sad to have had to leave early :( But how lucky you were to have been able to go for as long as you did. I can't even begin to imagine how many wonderful hours were spent on all that gorgeous stitching on those walls!

samplrgal said...

I hope you are feeling better my friend. This bipolar winter isn’t a big help with these respiratory infections. I recommend a big pot of chicken noodle soup. Hugs!