Thursday, June 21, 2018

Doris, this Blog Post is for You!

Yes, Doris - a little birdie told me that you too were concerned by my recent lack of posting to this here blog.  You are not alone.  The Mad Tatter constantly reminds me that I must update more ofyen. She has even offered on several occasions to bring more of her tatting to me to photograph just so I would have pictures!  I will attempt to do better.  Time, however, is not always on my side.

My partner in crime and I set out on a mission yesterday.  To be clear, I am merely her co-conspirator in this one.  She is trying to visit as many needlework shops as possible and has already visited 93.  Our mission is to increase that number without getting hurt or arrested in the process.

We departed in the wee hours of the morning (0700 - yes, this is defind as “early” by many, including me) and we traveled east.  Neither rain, nor sleet, nor road construction would keep us from our destination.  Now, we did take a slight detour anticipating that we might be able to add “two” new shops to her list.  This alleged needlework shop is “hidden” after climbing down two “staircases” and landing in a dark hallway only to learn they are open only on Saturdays.  It was not meant to be.

After pushing further east for another hour or so, we landed in Winthrop Harbor, IL, the home of Black Cat Stitchery.  It’s a lovely little shop!  They’ve only been open for six years, but they have a nice selection of charts, fibers and other needlework accessories.  Black Cat is number 94.

And so the adventure continues.  Doris, I hope you will stick with us.



6 comments:

LaNelle said...

What a great adventure to be on...although I would definitely have a very large stash at the end!😂

Robin in Virginia said...

Sorry the hidden shop wasn't open! Hope you had a enjoyable time at Black Cat Stitchery!

Mary said...

93 visits to shops is amazing, how many countries has she visited shops in? I have been to a total of 3! Would love to visit more.

Meg said...

Oh, how I wish I had a local needlework shop. The closest one I know of was in Corvallis, Oregon, and the owner just passed away. Heartbreaking. Good luck to you and safe travels! ~Meg at livetostitch.blogspot.com

Stasi said...

Sounds like a fun-filled adventure..will be following!

Khristine Doiron said...

Fun!!! And visiting 94 different needlework shops is amazing!! Keep us posted on how many more you 2 visit :)