Sunday, June 10, 2018

Stitchy Update

I thought maybe I would try to blog a little each day in June.  So much for that idea!  I haven't been traveling very much lately, so I've had more time, but I really enjoy spending that extra time stitching.  Please forgive me!

There are three primary projects that I have been working on.  One of them is a gift, so I won't be able to share progress with you until it is finished and gifted.

The second project that I have been working on is one of those FOMO deals!  Yes, FOMO = Fear of Missing Out.  Several Flosstubers and stitchers on Instagram started this project in May.  I've always wanted to stitch it; I had the pattern, the linen and the fibers in my stash, so I figured that I may as well jump on the bandwagon.

The design is from Birds of a Feather. The pattern is still available.  I stitched it on 40 ct PTP Legacy using the called for fibers (only one switcheroo - I switched the GAST Buttermilk to WDW Whitewash.)

As you can see, it's mostly finished.  I just have to add the personalization.  I will likely follow some of the Flosstubers and stitch the initials of the other stitchers who were working on this design with me.


The color of the linen looks pretty good on my iPad.  This was a fun stitch!

The other project I am working on is the Red Band Sampler from iStitch designs.  You might recall that I stitched their Blue Band Sampler last year. Since Blue isn't really my favorite color, I stitched the Blue Band Sampler in RED.  So when it came time to stitch the Red Band Sampler, some of my friends asked me if I was going to stitch it in BLUE.  No to blue...I didn't really want another Red Band Sampler either.  I remembered that Sassy Jack's had posted some banding earlier this year.  They had this beautiful light purple banding that was perfect for this design.  I called and ordered it up and so now my Red Band Sampler is PURPLE.

I'm quite far behind.  Most of the group is on week 25 or 26 or something like that.  I am working on week 5, but I will get it done eventually.  I usually work on this project on the airplane.


As noted above, my third project is kind of a super secret project.  I'll share it with you eventually.

That's all folks.  I'll try to come back sooner rather than later!

6 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Your 'Purple' band sampler looks good. One of the great things about Carol's charts; they are very easy to customize. Your BOAF piece looks good. Enjoy our week!

deb said...

Your purple Red Band Sampler looks great, and that BOAF must have been fun to stitch - it's just darling.

Smily-Света said...

Nice stitching!
And I totally understand you on your wish to spend more crafting. Summer is the best time for it!

Stasi said...

Good to see an update from you.....glad to see you're having time to stitch!

LaNelle said...

Cathy, beautiful stitching! Love the change using purple do you have a name & brand for it? Look forward to seeing what else your working on..Enjoy your week hopefully some stitching time🤞😊 LaNelle, alss@paulbunyan.net

Khristine Doiron said...

Both are gorgeous projects! Glad to hear you have been getting lots of stitching time :)