Sunday, July 22, 2018

Weekend Stitching

I pulled out an older WIP this weekend and added a few more bands on Mistress L.  This was a class piece in Indy a few years ago.  It was designed by Lauren Sauer.


I have a long way to go on this one.  It will be about 36 inches long when finished.

Are you familiar with Fiber Talk?  It’s a podcast about needlework.  Today’s episode was particularly good.  Gary Parr interviewed Theresa Venette from Shakespeare’s Peddler.  They talked about Samplers.

https://wetalkfiber.com/

Thank you for your kind comments.  I’m trying to post more often.  Keeps my fan club - the Mad Tatter, Doris, and Art- happy!

5 comments:

Barb said...

That is going to be such a beautiful sampler! Thanks for the suggestion for listening. I would love to hear that interview.

Robin in Virginia said...

What a pretty sampler you pulled out to work on!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

After seeing your beautiful stitching last week, I'm tempted to take up samplers again. It's been a while! Hmmm... I've never listened to a podcast. Maybe it's time to start!

Mary said...

I am enjoying your frequent posts! This is quite the project, 36 inches!! The colorful alphabet is neat, will be fun watching this lengthen.

Khristine Doiron said...

That is beautiful!! And thanks for the podcast recommendation! I am finding myself listing to podcasts more and more in the car instead of the radio.