Monday, August 06, 2018

It’s a Collection

I promised to share some of the rabbit stuff that I collected in preparation for this class.  Let me just say that “the hunt” was fun.  Etsy and I have become good friends.

This tin was a box of chocolates in another life.  It’s shaped like a book and has a hinged opening.  It’s metal, so needle minders stick to it!

The crazy thing is, I auditioned two others for this role.  One, slightly larger, was sold with tea in it, the other is lunchbox size and had been sold with Crabtree and Evelyn products. Maybe I can show these to you another time.

Next picture: some needleminders, a mini Peter Rabbit book, some carrot themed matchbooks for needles and my rabbit fob (Sherri Jones design from a few years back).

And last but not least, a little Wedgewood tray to hold my scissors and other little do-dads.  The Wedgewood egg cup is the perfect size for a pincushion.  The little carrot was found at the shop in Green Bay.  Finally, these two little wooden rabbits are tatting shuttles!

There were many rabbit themed gifts too.  I’ll have to snap a shot of them at home, they are all packed away.

We’re making our way home today.  Spent the night in Madison, WI.  It stormed during the night and is raining now.  Hopefully we’ll be driving away from the rain.

3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

What fun Peter Rabbit items you have collected! Safe journey home!

woolwoman said...

always enjoy hearing about your travels, classes and adventures. I'm also a Beatrix Potter/bunny fan. Loved seeing your bunny "stuff" cheers Mel

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Collecting can be so much fun! Peter Rabbit is a temptation, but I think I need to narrow my collections rather than expand them!