Sunday, August 05, 2018

Visiting the Lakes District

No, we’re not in England.  We wish we were in England.  Instead, we are in Indy.  (Yes, Mad Tatter, your atlas is correct.  We first traveled east then north, before heading south to our final destination.)

Why are we in Indy?  To watch the Indy 500?  To attend the Gen Con gaming convention? No, we are here to take a class with Lauren Sauer!

I have always been a fan of Beatrix Potter.  I’m not sure how it started, but my mother, my Auntie Betty and me (and probably others) used to collect the small Beatrix Potter figurines made by Beswick.  When my children were small, we loved reading the books.  Both of my children’s birth samplers are stitched in Beatrix Potter designs.

When the Needlework Commander in Chief of Indianapolis announced that Lauren would be teaching her “Mrs. McGregor’s Garden - Wheelbarrow, Scissor’s Keep and Pincushion” I responded immediately and said “Sign me up!”  Partner in Crime was not far behind me.

Flash forward to this weekend and here we are.  Yesterday we learned how to make the wheelbarrow and today we will work on the smalls.

Of course, I was so excited about the weekend, I had to gather up all the Beatrix Potter related items I could find.  Maybe in another post, I will show you this collection that I have assembled in more detail.

We’re heading off to class now....


7 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Hope you are enjoying the class!

butterfly said...

What fun I love anything to do with peter Rabbit .

Have a great time.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

You girls do the most fun things! I have taken a couple of classes with Lauren and her designs are beautiful. Looking forward to seeing your Beatrix Potter collection

Ann said...

Wish I were there! Say hello to the Commander-in-Chief and your partner in crime for me!

Barb said...

I love her too. Have you read the Susan Wittig Albert books about her life? They are delightful. I read them all.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

What fun! When my sister had her first baby, she decorated the nursery with Beatrix Potter. I was so jealous! I couldn't afford to do anything so frivolous or pretty! I loved keeping the little books in the library, and the kids loved checking them out!

Khristine Doiron said...

My youngest son's room was decorated in a Peter Rabbit theme. It has since been changed to Batman but I sure did love the soft colors it used to be.