Monday, July 27, 2026

Weekend Stitching

It was a good weekend for stitching. With a heat index in the 90s, there was “no place like home.”

On Saturday, I participated in a zoom class to learn how to finish all 12 of those Betsy Morgan blocks that I stitched last year. Hopefully there will be another fully finished project in the near future.

Since I was in a Betsy Morgan frame of mind, I stitched the next band on the My Favourite things band sampler from Betsy. The Willow Tree Sampler Guild out of Dallas, TX is working on this project this year.


On Sunday, I wanted to finish up the stitching on two other class projects I have been working on.

I joined the Hands on Design Patreon group so that I could stitch the three gingerbread houses and learn how to finish them as a triptik (spelling?) This is the first gingerbread house. I opted to use beads rather than try to make a Palestrina knot. Ready for embellishing and finishing!




I’m also working on a Barbara Jackson piece that was offered through the Shining Needle Society. It’s also ready for finishing.


That’s all for today. I’ve got errands to run with my mother and it’s time to go!

No comments: