Monday, August 24, 2026

NGM Retreat

Two weekends ago I attended the Needlework Guild on Minnesota retreat. Our retreats are back on track. Last year we found a wonderful hotel to host our retreats. The rooms are comfortable, the food is great, and the lighting in the stitching rooms is great. The theme of the retreat this year was, “We the People…Stitch!”

During the retreat, I had the opportunity to take three classes with Cissy Bailey Smith.


Many of Cissy’s pieces are designed to be self-lined, which means, they are fairly easy to finish. You have to love the nun stitch. Lucky for me, I love to do the nun stitch! Here are the three projects: 

In My Heart Needlebook:





Margaret’s Holdall based on motifs from the Margaret Mutter 1793 sampler:



And the We the People Patriotic Etui:

(Note that the etui model was not completely finished which allowed for us to fully understand how to join the nun stitches!)



The personalization for all three projects was updated and/or Cissy provided us with a variety of options so that we could personalize to our liking.

Thank you, Cissy, for coming to Minnesota!



No comments: