Thursday, August 18, 2005

Inquiring Minds Want to Know

Since Carol asked, I thought I would share with you what I entered for the Minnesota State Fair. I love counted cross stitch, but I also love Hardanger. I alternate back and forth depending on what kind of mood I'm in.

One of the Hardanger designers I like is Donna Olson. Her patterns are very easy to follow and the pictures are very clear. You don't have to be an expert to stitch her designs.

Recently I finished one of her doily patterns called "Fran's Diamonds". I thought it turned out quite nice and is one of the best pieces I've ever completed. I've never entered anything at the State Fair and I know that it's quite competitive, but I decided to give it a shot. Here's what the piece looks like:



Have a nice weekend. Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Lelia said...

WOW!!! WOW!!! This is lovely ; ) You know what I call that sort of stitching? HARDanger. I get so mad at myself because I'm usually off a couple threads when I get all the way around a hardanger design! Job well done. My hat is off to you.

BeckySC said...

That's BEEutiful, Cathy :) WOW! GREAT job :)

Thanks for visitng my blog :) I love meeting new people and making new friends :)

Have a great day :)

Chelle said...

Cathy this is DROP DEAD GORGEOUS!! Wowie-kapowie. Just stunning. Thanks for sharing!

Cathy B said...

Lelia (Carol), Becky and Chelle - you guys are way too kind! Thank you!