Thursday, August 12, 2010

A Token of Friendship

(Warning - picture intensive post!)

Yesterday was day two of the stitching extravaganza at Joan's house. I had to visit the dentist in the morning, so I was the last one to arrive. We spent much of the morning working on any project of our choosing.

Joan is working on Rose Garden from Blackbird Designs:



Lori is working on her LHN thread bed (Needle and Thread) - she finished the stitching!



Jill started a new project. Anyone want to take a gander at what project she is stitching?



Jackie is staying on task with her Friendship book:



Me, well, I decided I better work on the Birds and Berries Needlecase from the Silver Needle retreat:



Just before lunch, a little visitor arrived - Joan's new grandson - what a little cutie pie he is! He babbled at us the entire visit and then it was time to go home he fell asleep in his Grandma's arms. I'm not sure that there will be any stitching in his future (only that done by his Grandma.) Here's a picture of the proud Grandma and her little guy.



After lunch, Jackie, Jill, and I decided to tackle the Friendship booklets again. Jill had to help Jackie and I along. It took me the rest of the afternoon and evening, but I went home with a finished booklet! Pictures really don't do this piece justice (of course I'm not the best at staging photos either!) But here are a couple of photos to give you some idea as to what the finished product looks like.



Ackworth Friendship Book
With My Needle

36ct Linen (I think it is Flax!)
Threadworx Fiber #10051








Jill and Joan are working at finishing their books this morning, and Jackie will finish hers soon too. Lori may take a bit longer finishing hers, but she will get it done! We're busy planning our next project now!

Here's a fun photo for the day. We took a picture of us all wearing our fish slippers! Jill's mom has always crocheted or knitted a pair of slippers for each stitcher, and finds a pattern that fits with the theme. Jill's mom crocheted these last year as soon as she knew what this year's theme was going to be. Those of you who read Jill's blog know that her mom passed away earlier this year. It was extra special to receive a pair of her mom's slippers this year.




The girls will be gathering again today for more stitching. Unfortunately, I have to head into work now, but I'll rejoin them later this evening. Will be anxious to hear what shenanigans they were up to today!

24 comments:

Mama Joan said...

Great post. I am busy right now working on my Friendship book. Very intense. Can't wait to have it finished. Your book looks great. But what a job to finish!!!!

Little Penpen said...

Aww.. the fish slippers are precious! What a sweet memory for you girls. I love the friendship booklets... how unique.

Margaret said...

What fun you all are having! The memory book finish came out wonderfully! And the fish slippers are fantastic -- a wonderful way to remember Jill's mom.

Hazel said...

Beautiful stitching done by all. I love Joan's wip. I might just get me that one. Beautiful sleepy baby. It's great when they are like that lol. x

BrendaS said...

Love your Friendship book finish. That certainly looks like a lot of work.

Sounds like you had a great time with all your friends. How wonderful!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Oh, Cathy! Your Ackworth Book is beyond gorgeous! You all did a great job in getting it put together perfectly! Congratulations!!!

The slippers are darling - I'll bet Jill's mom was smiling down on you all.

Katrina said...

OMG, you have the best group of stitching friends. What a fun time! I've so enjoyed seeing all the pictures :-).

valerie said...

What a fun time! And your Ackworth book looks stunning! It takes dedication to get the finishing done...

Laurie in Iowa said...

What fun. I loved reading about your stitching retreat. The friendship books are fabulous.

natalysneedle said...

Love your friendship book.

Paisley said...

I love how your Friendship Book turned out! You girls certainly had a great time together!

pj said...

Cathy, what fun! And I love your color choice for your Ackworth book....very pretty and you tackled the finishing. That is what scares me. The fish slippers are darling and will always be special to all of you. Great to have such special moments with friends...wish I could join you! Pam

Karen said...

Love your Friendship Book....it is a beautiful finish. Hope you have fun tonight!

Lynn said...

Those fish slippers are fantastic and such a lovely remembrance of Jill's mom.
I love your needlebook! You made such great progress on it in such a short period of time.
Everyone's stitching looks great.

DonnaTN said...

It looks like you girls have so much fun at your retreat! Your needle book is beautiful! Those fish slippers are the cutest things.

Lois said...

I love your Friendship book! Looks like you'd a very enjoyable day (apart from having to visit the dentist!).

Bekca said...

The friendship book looks amazing, what a great finish. Happy stitching.

Kathy A. said...

What wonderful photos of your get together. Looks like you are having a great time. Your Friendship Book is so beautiful done. Congratulations on a great job!
Love those slippers and what a wonderful memory of Jill's mom.

Sonda said...

Those slippers are adorable. What a wonderful reminder of a friend who has passed on. All of the stitching looks fabulous! Your little gifties for everyone are wonderful! I love the mermaid fobs!

Brigitte said...

What a wonderful time you all were having together. I loved to see all the pictures on your and Joan's blog.
Your friendship book looks marvellous!

Diana said...

I love your Friendship Book! How lucky you are to have these stitching friends. What a treasure it is for you to have this book!

Karoline said...

Your Friendship book is gorgeous, congratulations. Sounds like you all have had a great time and you're all working on great projects

Carol R said...

Beautiful friendship book!

Lelia said...

wonderful friendship booklets --- and such stylish footwear : )