Saturday, January 22, 2011
This Week's Stitching
As you can see, I made good progress on Blackbird Design's Peacock Pinkeep. I would be even further along had I not caught a severe case of the "frogs" on Tuesday night. The alphabet was done and then I realized that I had forgotten to stitch the letter "I", so I ripped out "A" through "H" and stitched it all again. Then after fixing the alphabet, I realized that the bottom border was a thread off! Could I have any more issues with such a simple thing? Anyway, it's all stitched up correctly now. For those who might be wondering, I'm using 28ct WDW Straw/Grey Gingham with Belle Soie Tortoise Shell and Rose of Sharon. The instructions say to stitch with one strand of silk over two linen threads, but I am stitching with two strands of silk over two linen threads.
When this pattern first came out I remember seeing some stitchers stitch this design over one linen thread for a smaller sized pinkeep. Now I can understand why - this is going to be a super-sized pinkeep! I love the linen and the silk fiber colors though and I hope to get the top stitched today/tonight so that I can work on assembling this tomorrow. The instructions for assembly do not look too difficult.
I'm not sure whether I will venture out from my house today. It's cold, but not as cold as yesterday! When I left for work yesterday morning the air temperature was -15F and the windchill was -29F....brrrr.
Enjoy your day -- hope you find some time to cross some x's!