Friday, December 27, 2013

Christmas Surprise!

Merry Christmas!  Hope you and yours had a wonderful Christmas holiday!

Just when I thought all the packages had been opened another one arrived in the mailbox yesterday.  You see, just a few days ago, I won the drawing that was offered on Laura's blog:  For Love of the Needle.  Not only was it her blogoversary, but it also was her birthday!  She offered the Summer House Stitche Worke's chart for Hark, along with linen and silk.  I threw my name in not expecting to win -- but I did!

I thought the box was kind of large for a pattern and linen/silk.  When I opened it, was I ever surprised.  Laura sent cookies, a cute little primitive box, and an ornament that she had stitched.  The ornament looks like a piece of ribbon candy and it is stitched in one of my favorite colors - purple!


Thank you Laura.  I shall look forward to stitching this project and will think of you each Christmas when I place this ornament on my tree!

Thought I'd share a picture with you of our Maggie with her Christmas gift that she received.  She's not quite sure what to do with it. She has been taking her duck to bed with her at night.  I'm sure she's wondering why it doesn't want to play with her.


Enjoy your day.  Happy Stitching!

11 comments:

Shebafudge said...

What a lovely giveaway package :)

valerie said...

Maggie looks so cute with her new ducky! Congrats on the giveaway win...everything looks great!

Karen said...

What great goodies! Happy stitching in the new year....

Hazel said...

Congrats and Merry Christmas! xx

Margaret said...

Nice prize! And I love Maggie with her new toy - so adorable!

Mrs. DillyDally said...

Wowser! What fun to receive an unexpected kit! Enjoy!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

a LOVELY win and an even sweeter puppy to cuddle, duck or no :)

Faye said...

What a special surprise!! Laura fixed you up~ enjoy and Happy New Year!!

Bekca said...

Congratulations on your win! Maggie looks so adorable :) I hope you had a lovely Christmas.
Best wishes.

Barb said...

What a nice win and cute dog photo!

donnacrafts said...

Congrats on winning. I entered also. Enjoy. It is just lovely.