Sunday, January 10, 2016

Stitching Success

Today was a much better day. I finished stitching the green in the border for Amy Mitten's Scottish Sampler and the best part of all - it matched when the two ends met. Hurrah! Next I will stitch in the the pink and rose colored buds.

I also did my duty and frogged the problems with my La D Da piece. Will have to give this one lots of attention this week.

Did you see the needlework that Cora was working on during tonight's episode of Downton Abbey?

I'll be traveling again this week. The only good thing about being gone is that it might be a little warmer at my destination!

 

7 comments:

barbara said...

Lovely stitching, Cathy!! Such peaceful colors.

Brigitte said...

It's always a great feeling when the border ends meet, isn't it? Great start.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Always a good thing when the ends meet...I had a disaster once that nearly sent me over the edge ;)
Safe travels!

Sherry said...

The green is just beautiful on that fabric. Yes, I always cheer when border ends meet too! lol. Glad you got the unpleasant part of frogging out of the way.

Stasi said...

It's always a joy when the two ends of a border meet!!!

Yes, I noticed Cora working on her embroidery too!

Khristine Doiron said...

So nice when your border matches up. I hope you have safe travels and that the stitching goes fast on your La D Da piece :)

Von said...

What a relief when the ends meet up right where they should!! I did notice that large embroidery project Cora had. Would love to take a peek at it. :)