Thursday, August 15, 2019

Another NGM Retreat Here and Gone

Hello Friends!

I was away at the Needlework Guild of Minnesota retreat last week which means I have stitchy photos to share.  The theme of this year’s retreat was “Finishing School”.  Many of the classes focused on finishing.  Our guild brings in three teachers, so you always have a choice of projects.  I was excited this year to have the opportunity to take classes with Cathy Habermann from Hands on Design!

Before we look at class projects, I want to share my name tag with you.  Every retreat, I stitch a name tag that reflects the theme.  I think I nailed it this year.  This is an old Mary Garry pattern.



My first class with Cathy was called Snow on the Ground.  My pre-work was complete and so that allowed me to start right in on the finishing.  Our first finish was a mattress style pincushion.  We made this cute little house complete with wool shingles!  It took most of the first day to complete.




On day two, we worked on the scissor fob and the name plate for our baskets.  These are the cutest little baskets from the Ohio Farm baskets shop on Etsy!



Cathy always has a few surprises up her sleeve.  On the first day, we made this cute tomato scissor fob/pincushion.  On day two, we practiced lacing and the ladder stitch and made this pin disk using coordinating fabrics.



Here’s the whole project!




Back tomorrow with more...







4 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

It looks like you earned your finishing school certificate! What fabulous pieces and that basket is darling!

Marilyn said...

Looks like a fun class with cute projects!
Marilyn

Barb said...

I really could use some finishing lessons! I love that little house. What a cute name tag!

Lelia said...

Lovely needlework!!! and the Mary Garry is right up my alley -- I wish there was a special book of all of her patterns. I think I own more of her leaflets than any other.