Saturday, August 29, 2015

Something Different

In October, Jackie du Plessis is coming to MN to teach two classes. I decided that before her visit, I would like to complete some of her projects from my stash.

Two years ago I took the Unplayed Piano Etui class at the Attic. I finished my piano last year. Jackie had given us a little gift at the class - the kit to complete a small pincushion that looks like a piece of sheet music. The small black-headed pins are meant to look like the notes on the page.

It's a small project. I stitched and finished it in just a couple of hours. I put my mother's initials at the top and the year 2014 since this is when I finished the piano.

Here's the piano. You might remember it from last year.

My protector was next to me in bed this morning. She was listening to the birds chirping in the tree just outside the window. Such a sweetie pie!

 

 

 

 

 

7 comments:

Mrs. DillyDally said...

Love you stitching ... love your protector too!

Marilyn said...

That Piano is a great project.
And the sheet music is too cute.
Congrats on a fantastic finish.
Marilyn

Christine said...

What a gorgeous job you did on that piano!

Laura said...

Beautiful projects! Beautiful pup!!! Happy Sunday!

Khristine Doiron said...

I love the pincushion! And your protector is pretty sweet too :)

Christine said...

The pins used as musical notes is just too cute and the finished piano is gorgeous!

Clare said...

What a beautiful design a project to treasure, your little piano. Happy Stitching.