Tuesday, January 07, 2020

Stitching Letters

I decided to pick up Mary Miller again tonight.  Stitched a few more letters. Please excuse the wrinkles.


Diane asked about stitching in hand vs. using a frame. It’s been a long time since I’ve used a hoop or frame. I find stitching in hand to be the most comfortable for me. I use the sewing method; I’m not a fabric “stabber.” I think you might have better control of your tension with a frame though. Do what works best for you! I hope you enjoy stitching again!

6 comments:

butterfly said...

Looking great , I stitch with a frame but also free hand on some designs.
Have a good day.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I think I may experiment with stitching in hand today to see how I like it. I have my frame ready to go, if necessary!

Robin in Virginia said...

Mary Miller is looking good! Love the colors!

Khristine Doiron said...

Beautiful progress!

Barb said...

That sampler has such pretty colors! Sometimes I use a hoop and sometimes I stitch in hand. I tried q snaps but just didn't feel comfortable using them. I agree with you whatever you like is right for you!

marly said...

In hand without stabbing, I agree!!